23

Third Person P.O.V:

November 23rd, 2019

Hermione stepped into the small restaurant, the smell of spices and lavender was prominent as Y/n followed in after her. It was a well-known family business, the owners immigrated to the UK from Haryana, India.

They were nice people and always had a welcoming smile when Y/n and her mom would come in for a late dinner after running errands all day.

"Have you been here before?" Y/n asks as they sit at one of the booths in the corner. Hermione servals the main area, noticing how there weren't that many people out to eat today, which wasn't that surprising due to the weather.

"No, but I've wanted to for a while now" Hermione replied as she took off the spare jacket Y/n had given her from the car. Their clothes had dried somewhat, but it was obvious they had been in the rain for some time before taking shelter.

"Have you?" She asks in return as a man brings them a set of menus and water before walking back to the kitchen.

"Yeah, my mom and I come here sometimes," Y/n says as she takes a sip of the water and clears her throat. Hermione noted her now nervous behavior, the way she seemed to be looking at everything but her.

"Alright, I can see that you have something to tell me. What is it Nucly?" She asks with a soft sigh as she sits up in the booth and rests her forearms on the table.

Y/n took a deep breath, but then seemed to retreat with apprehension, the look on her face spoke volumes. She looked up and just smiled.

"It's not important right now, what the real question is, is when are you due back to school?" Y/n asks, hoping to delay the inevitable for just a few more days. Hermione was silent for a moment as she ignored her gut feeling and let the conversation go.

"Not entirely sure, but they seemed fine with me doing my work from home," Hermione says as she took a sip of her water, knowing damn well that McGonagall didn't like the idea, while Dumbledore didn't seem to care all that much.

She was, however, able to get special permission from the Education Department of the Ministry to practice magic in the comfort of her own home, under the agreement that she must stay out of sight at all costs.

"So I get to smooch my girlfriend more often?" Y/n asked with a smile as Hermione chuckled and opened her menu. She slowly read the names and descriptions, everything sounded delicious.

"I suppose so, unless you have another girlfriend I don't know about?" Hermione teased as Y/n rolled her eyes and scoffed slightly as she opened her menu as well.

"Please, no one could even compare to you" Y/n chuckled as her girlfriend hid behind her menu. What Y/n didn't see, was the way Hermione bit her lip to keep down her smile and fought back the growing warmth on her cheeks.

"Good, because I'm not very good at sharing" Hermione replied as she lowered her menu enough to catch Y/n's gaze with her own. Y/n just smirked as she rested her chin in the palm of her hand.

"I'm guessing that's the one subject you failed in nursery school?" Y/n joked as Hermione rolled her eyes in response, her legs stretched under the table and tangled with her girlfriends.

"Ooo, playing footsies?"

"Shush, dirty bird" Hermione chuckled as she placed her menu down as the waiter from earlier came back with a notepad in hand.

"What may I get you ladies this evening?" he asks with a soft smile as the girls look at each other, to which Y/n gestures to Hermione to order first.

"I would like an order of Samosas for the both of us and then I would like Paneer Onion Masala Stir-Fry," Hermione asks as he nods and quickly writes down the order. He takes her menu and puts it under his arm as he looks over to Y/n with another smile.