Chapter 18

It took a couple hours to run back this time. Since everyone was concerned for the school, no one was exhausted.

They ran in silence until the academy came into view and Maka said, "maybe they haven't started fighting yet!" She sounded hopeful until we felt an immense power ahead of us.

"No. They're starting now. That's a genie's soul. Weapons change now!" Elizabeth ordered and the weapons obeyed.

They continued to run to the academy when they were met by a couple witches. They weren't as powerful as other witches they had fought before but two magicians were still extremely dangerous.

Justin's POV

'This is the exact opposite of how Lord Death wanted this to happen. We're too close together to take on all of our opponents.' Past the music that I was playing I could hear my love give out orders, both in my mind and out loud.

"Let's kick their ass! We don't have any room in Death city for you old ass hags with your-"

"Okay Ellie I think they understand that we need to kill them." I responded and she nodded her head. "Kidd and Maka, stay back and defeat these two. When you're done spilt up to cover more ground." I ordered. "One more thing... don't die. We need your strength now more than ever." They both agreed and continued to fight the witches as Ellie and I made our way forward.

'It's true that genies and witches aren't as powerful as a Kishin but with this many of them working together, and spread out nonetheless, it's going to be hard.' Ellie and I took on all of the challenges that came our way fairly easily.

Finally, we made it to the academy steps. We were greeted by Stein's group and several other students from the academy. The kids set out to take on their respective opponents.

"Uncle Stein, what are you doing here?" Ellie asked.

"Isn't it obvious? We figured out that there was no information where we were so we came back early. On the way Blackstar decided to have a race because he wanted to show everyone how superior he was to us. Good thing he did though because we made it back just before the first attack." Stein replied.

"Good. We'll be needing your strength." Stein agreed with Ellie. Lord Death walked out holding Spirit in his weapon form.

"I will help out too." My Lord's voice was dark and cruel but it was also reassuring. Sid came out behind him holding Nygas and Azusa. Sid immediately ran off to take on a witch. Lord Death headed off to take on a genie while Ellie ran off to kill another genie, followed by Marie and Stein, and then myself. There were only about four genies in total so we had that covered. We left the witches and kishin eggs to the academy's students.

Elizabeth's POV

I ran up to a genie who looked oddly familiar. Her lean body with thin black hair falling down her back. She turned to me and flashed her yellow, crooked smile. "Elizabeth darling! It's been so long! Are you finally saying 'hi' to your favorite aunt?"

'That's why I recognized her. Although I probably haven't seen her in 12 years.' I continued running at her with a stoic face. I refused to answer her question.

"Aw. Don't want to talk after all of these years? What a shame. I've been waiting such a long time to even see you. You've grown into such a beautiful young lady." She genuinely smiled at me. I ran at her and changed my arm into a blade, trying to stab her with it but she dodged all of the blows.

"You know," she continued. "I remember when your mother told me they were planning on making you into a weapon. I told her it was a bad idea and the grim reaper would target us for it but then she said that's why she wanted you to be a weapon." My eyes widened a bit at what she told me.