Chapter 1: the introduction

Hi, my name is Lucy. Lucy Heartfilia.
I'm 18 years old, I'm finished with school and currently looking for a job.
All my friends are working, and I'm just kinda stuck on trying to find one. My best friend Levy works at a library (as expected), my friend Mirajane who I look up to, started a cafe business, her siblings work for her too, Lisanna and Elfman.. She's older then all of us. Erza works at a karate thing for kids, Gray works at a ice cream shop. And Juvia works as a lifeguard. As for my bestest friend, he works for a pet shelter. No one expected him to work there. Not even me! And I know him best. Who might you ask works at a pet shelter, well that's Natsu Dragneel.

How I met him, I met him in middle school like all the rest of the gang. We all basically grew up together, but Natsu was the very first friend I made before the others. It was the first day of middle school and the bell rang for class. Natsu and I were late for the same class and I accidentally bumped into him at the front doors. I was running and he was walking really slow. We collided and I deeply apologized, he just said it didn't matter and helped me picked up my things.

"You look new to town, what's your name?" He asked

"I'm Lucy, what's yours?"

"I'm Natsu."

"Hi Natsu!"

After our greeting he asked what class I had and we both walked together to the same classroom. Throughout the rest of the first day, we were inseparable. He even came to my house after. Ever since that day, we grew closer and closer. And now we stay at each other's apartments without hesitation or questions. Our friends think we're secretly dating.. but I don't think Natsu could ever like me like that.

To be honest, I've always had a crush on him. I just never admitted to it, or was too scared to ruin our friendship. But I'm going to change that, I heard a little birdie tell me something and I finally have the confidence to do so.

Hopefully.

I just need to talk to my friends.