Chapter 5

Jimin POV

Groaning quietly as I wake up to my alarm going off the next morning, I weakly lift my head up off the hardwood floor of my room. Glancing around, I begin to recall the fact that I'd hardly managed to get into my room and lock the door before collapsing and passing out.

Huffing quietly, I force myself up onto my feet shakily. Having to balance myself with the wall beside me momentarily, it takes a minute before the dizziness finally clears up. Running a hand through my hair, I make my way to my bed so that I can shut the annoying fucking alarm off.

Going over to my closet, I pull out a clean pair of dark gray ripped skinny jeans along with a white cream colored long sleeve. With the clothes in hand, I weakly tiptoe to the bathroom before locking the door behind me and setting the clothes down on the sink counter.

Wincing and gritting my teeth, I work to tug the clothes from last night off of my body so that I can inspect the damage and clean up. I suck in a deep breath when I finally see the amount of bruises and the few cuts I've got littering my naked body in the mirror, hesitantly reaching down to touch the bruise on my hipbone.

Biting my lip, I force myself to drag my eyes away from my body before I start catching all of my imperfections, hopping in the shower and painfully cleaning myself up.

Once I'm cleaned and dressed again, I quietly go back to my bedroom to grab my phone and school bag before heading downstairs. I know I'll have no chance at getting away from speaking with my father this morning, much too tired to come up with an excuse for getting out of the house without speaking with him.

"Ah, you're actually not trying to come up with excuses for once." Appa notes as I enter the kitchen. I just remain silent, biting my lip as I grab a glass of water.

"How are your classes going?" Appa asks in a calm manner, scaring the hell out of me honestly.

"They're going well. I've got all A's right now." I answer quietly, not looking up at him.

"How high of A's, Jimin? You know low ones still aren't acceptable." He questions. I bite my lip, knowing my math grade isn't the highest.

"They're high. Ninety six's and sevens." I answer, not bothering to mention that I'm barely maintaining my A in math.

"I want higher, you can do better than that, Jimin. You shouldn't be willing to accept such mediocrity from yourself. I should hope your dancing has been going better than that." Appa scolds with a glare.

"Dance is going well. I'm still their best dancer." I answer softly, still not looking up at him.

"I want better. Just because your their best doesn't mean you can't be overtaken." He tells me with a scoff. I swallow hard, nodding my head.

"Yes, Appa. I need to head off to school now though." I respond nervously.

"You better start doing better, Jimin. I will not have a failure as a son." Appa informs me. I nod once more before turning and leaving the house silently.

When I finally get out of the house and down to the sidewalk, I groan and run my hands through my hair, ruffling it roughly. Groaning quietly to myself, I fight back tears as I shove my earbuds into my ears and begin blaring music.

I try not to think about just how much of a failure that I know I am, knowing I need to get a grip on myself before I get to school and let anyone see me being a wreck. So, I decide to change thoughts and focus on Jungkook instead.

He really is extremely cute and definitely has a hot body. Though, he truly does seem like a sweet guy. Kind and seems a bit shy honestly. It surprises me, because usually I'm not really into shy people. It's no surprise to me that I've actually taken somewhat of a real interest in him, but I can't focus on that right now.

The boys made a bet with me yesterday at lunch while Jungkook had been grabbing his food. Originally, they'd decided it'd be over whether I could get him to date me or not. However, they texted me yesterday evening and said that apparently they thought that'd be much too easy, changing the bet. Now, I have to try and get him to really fall for me, get him to admit he's actually fallen in love with me.

Thinking back on it now, I mildly regret actually taking the bet, though I didn't really have much an option. They would've managed to get me to take it either way, whether I wanted to or not.

As I finally spot the school building, I sigh and run a hand through my hair. I just hope that today won't be too bad...