Chapter 28

Jimin POV

Waking up groggily, I bury my head further into Jungkook's chest, just wanting to stay asleep. However, feeling him gently rub my back, I know he's awake and I probably need to be as well.

"Baby, the doctors have a few questions for you if you're up to it." Jungkook whispers softly in my ear, kissing the top of my head lightly. I just shrug, not particularly wanting to talk but rather stay curled up with Jungkook.

"I'll go get them."

I force my eyes open, seeing Yoongi stand up from the chair that Jungkook had been in when I woke up the first time. He just gives me a small smile and a tiny wave before walking out of the room. Not bothering to figure out why he's left the room, I just curl further into my Kookie and let my eyes fall shut.

"Kookie?" I mumble quietly, lifting my head up tiredly to look at him. He gives me a small smile, cocking an eyebrow.

"Yes, baby?" Jungkook responds softly, brushing his fingers through my hair lightly.

"Where's your parents? They weren't there the day I came over, and you've been here with me the entire time I've been here. You never bring them up, either. Wouldn't they be worried about you by now with not having gone home?" I ask curiously, my words more coming out as a mumble from how tired I am. He sighs softly, his smile falling a little as he leans down and pecks my lips softly.

"I guess it's only fair I tell you my side of things, if you told me yours, huh?" He comments quietly with a somewhat bittersweet smile. I just lay my head back down on his chest, nodding my head even though I don't fully understand.

"My father left us when I was three years old. My mother's job forces her to travel a lot. I was actually originally from Busan, just like you. I've had to move all over Korea though, due to my mother's job. I couldn't tell you the amount of times we've moved. And even when we do move, it doesn't change a whole lot because she's still never really around. That's why you didn't see anyone at home the other day and why there's no issues of me staying here this entire time with you. Our maids have always been the ones raising me, and I sent them a text letting them know that I wouldn't be home for a few days. My mother probably still has no idea." Jungkook explains softly. I frown a bit, lifting my head back up to look at him. He gives me a small smile though, and I merely lean up and peck his lips gently before laying my head back down.

"I'm sorry, baby. I'm sorry for asking, you didn't have to tell me, Jungkookie. I'm glad she brought you here though. It let me meet you." I murmur quietly. He just rubs my back gently, humming softly in agreement.

"You deserve to know. It was only fair. And I'm glad she brought me here too, baby. I'm glad I got to find you." Jungkook mumbles softly before kissing the top of my head. Just then, the door opens back up, and I look over to find Yoongi and a doctor entering the room once more.

"Hello, Jimin. I'm glad to see you're awake. How're you feeling?" The doctor asks with a smile as he comes over and sits down on the edge of the bed beside Jungkook. I just shrug, falling silent once more. I like things better when it's just Jungkookie and me, when we're alone and can just do whatever. The doctor glances over at Jungkook who just gives him a small smile as he rubs my back gently.

"I think he's just a little tired, Sir. He's been tired and half asleep since he woke up." Jungkook explains softly, beginning to draw little random things on my back with his fingers rather than continuing to rub my back. I just hum quietly in agreement, nuzzling my head into his chest as I struggle to keep my eyes open.

"Well, unfortunately, there's a couple of things we need to talk about. One of those being the reason you overdosed, and the other being the reason behind all of those bruises and scars that are littering your body, Jimin." The doctor tells me in a gentle voice.

My entire body tenses up at both of those proposed topics to speak on, making me want to talk even less. It was hard enough to admit to Jungkook what happens and I haven't even given full explanation for why I overdosed even if Yoongi knows that reasoning.

Squeezing my eyes shut tightly, I bury my face into Jungkook's chest, shaking my head in disagreement with the questions.