Ch.18 pt3

Ashelyonna's Pov

Stefan parked in front of his house and got out of the car. I followed closely, finally managing to unfasten my seatbelt.

I hurried after him into the kitchen where he was frantically opening and slamming cupboards.

"Stefan," I called out, trying to get his attention as he rummaged through the cabinets.

"Stefan, talk to me," I pleaded, but he continued his search until he found a glass and brought it to the sink.

"Stefan!" I raised my voice, finally getting him to turn and face me. I held up my hands in surrender, giving him space.

I wasn't sure if I should be upset or worried. I watched as he snapped his fingers, making the familiar bottle of red juice appear in his hand. He poured the juice into the glass, added ice, and topped it off with a shot of Scotch.

"Again with this red juice. What is it?" I demanded, unable to keep my curiosity at bay. "Are you like dying or something?"

He chuckled softly and whispered, "I'm already dead, little one."

"What's that supposed to mean?" I asked, confused and concerned.

He placed the glass down and walked over to me, still holding the bottle of Scotch. He tipped it back and took a swig before setting it on the counter.

"Stefan, what are you doing?" I asked, stepping back from the kitchen.

"Don't be afraid, little one," he said, his tone calm as he set the bottle down.

I arched an eyebrow and paced the living room, my back to him. When I felt his presence behind me, I turned to face him.

"It's weird, you know," I said, trying to process everything. "I don't even know why I'm not surprised."

Stefan's touch on my shoulders was gentle, but the weight of his words lingered heavily in the air.

"Stefan," I called his name and turned to face him. "You're not human, are you?" My heart was racing, and my anxiety was growing deeper in my stomach.

He sighed and smiled. "No, little one, I'm not." He gestured for me to sit.

I shook my head, wanting answers. "Okay, then what are you?" I asked cautiously.

"I'm a vampire-witch," he said, and with that, I felt extremely uncomfortable.

"How is that even possible? I thought vampires didn't exist," I said slowly, trying to digest the information.

"Well, we are real," he confirmed.

"We?" I replied, my voice trembling.

"Yes, we," he stated.

"How are you even a witch then? Aren't you dead?" I was confused, struggling to wrap my head around this revelation.

"Yes, I am dead but not technically," he tried to explain. "It's a complicated process, but it happens."

I finally decided to sit down, trying to take it all in. I was shocked because growing up, I was taught and told that vampires were just myths. That they didn't exist.

Stefan sat down beside me, his expression serious but gentle. "It's a lot to take in, I know. But I need you to trust me. I'm still the same person you know."

I looked at him, my mind racing with questions and doubts. "Why didn't you tell me before?"

"I didn't want to scare you," he admitted. "And I wanted to protect you."