Ch.24 (Witch)

Jessica's POV

Bang! Bang! Bang!

The harsh pounding on the bathroom door jolted me, and I finally regained control of my blurry vision.

"Hello, are you okay in there?" a man's voice called from the other side.

"Jessica, babe, are you okay?" Jay added, his voice laced with concern.

I looked around and realized I was lying on the cold bathroom floor, my nose a bleeding mess.

"Are you kidding me?" I whispered, feeling disgusted by the grimy tiles beneath me.

"I'm okay!" I yelled back, forcing myself to stand.

My body felt weak, my legs wobbly, and my heart raced as if it were about to burst. Everything around me felt heightened, the sounds and lights overwhelming my senses. It was annoying and frightening all at once.

I finally made it to the door and fumbled with the lock, my hands trembling. With a click, I pushed it open, and there stood my best friend Ash, Mr. Tate, Jacob—my boyfriend—and the school locksmith.

I opened my mouth to say something, but before I could, my body gave up on me. I crumpled, falling into Jacob's waiting arms.

"Oh my god, her nose! It's bleeding!" were the last words I could process before darkness enveloped me and my eyes closed.

As I slipped into unconsciousness, I could feel Jacob's arms tightening around me, his warmth contrasting the cold bathroom floor. In the depths of my mind, panic stirred. I had never felt like this before—so weak and vulnerable.

Images of the earlier chaos flashed through my mind, the confusion, the magic I couldn't control, and the feeling of power slipping through my fingers. What was happening to me?

Just as I felt myself drifting away, I caught a glimpse of Ash's worried face and the urgent look in Mr. Tate's eyes. Would they be able to help me? Would I even be okay?

The questions swirled in my mind as I faded into the darkness, leaving behind the worry of what awaited me on the other side.

Ashelyonna's POV

Jessica was in bad shape, and I was more than worried.

Is she sick?

I asked myself, feeling the weight of guilt crush me for not being persistent in finding out what was going on in my best friend's life.

What kind of friend am I?

The guilt wrapped around me like a suffocating blanket.

"Everything is fine. I'll take it from here." I heard Stefan compel the locksmith and Jacob.

"What do you mean, fine? My girlfriend is not well! Are you crazy?" Jacob snapped, cradling Jessica's unconscious body.

I was confused. Why hadn't the compulsion worked on Jacob?

Stefan glanced at me, and I shrugged, trying to process what had just happened.

"Jacob, listen. Go back to class. I'll take her to the hospital," Stefan insisted, reaching for Jessica.

"What? No way! I'm coming," Jacob scolded him, his grip tightening around Jessica.

Stefan looked to me for help, and I stepped in. "Jacob, please. She's important to me too. Stay here and try to catch up on some notes. I'll call if anything happens. I promise."

Reluctantly, Jacob agreed to stay. He let Stefan take Jessica and pulled me into a tight hug.

I nodded at him, and he turned to leave, the tension in the air palpable.