Chapter Fifty Four| Grayson's going to love it

"I look in the mirror and what do I see?I don't really know who's looking back at meI don't even know who I wanna be"

I don't really know who's looking back at me
I don't even know who I wanna be"

-Olivia O'Brien

G R A C E ' S   P O V

Status: unedited

"Grace, table four!" Matt yelled as he handed me a tray of perfectly arranged food.

I grabbed the table off him, carefully manoeuvring out of the kitchen, around all the busily working staff, being careful not to knock anyone or drop any food.

I rushed over to the table with the table near the back of the diner where the small metal stand with the number four displayed on it was.

As I neared the table, I noticed the two girls seated at the booth, Taylor and Avery.

That's random, I know we hung out at the beach and everything, but I didn't think they'd become actual friends.

I smiled as I kept the tray resting on my lower arm, grabbing their food off and drinks off the tray and carefully placing it in front of them.

"Hey," Taylor smiled excitedly, Avery smiled, giving me a small wave.

I smiled in return, "Hi,"

"Grace?" I heard Cam's familiar voice from behind me, I turned around to see her standing there, two trays in her hands, whilst sweat dripped down her forehead, "Can I have some help, please?" she asked quite impatiently.

I nodded, looking at her with a sympathetic expression, walking over to grab one of the two trays out of her grasp.

"Sorry for distracting her from her work," Taylor apologised, "We just wanted to ask her something quickly."

I looked at her raising an eyebrow, "What?"

She giggled, "Proms in two weeks, so I was wondering if after your shift, Avery and I could pick you up and we'll go dress shopping?" Taylor asked, pouting, starring up at me with pleading eyes.