Chapter Fifty Seven| Prom?

"You're 11 minutes away and I havemissed you all dayYou're 11 minutes away, so whyaren't you here?Tell me what you needI can make you more than what you areCome and lay the roses on the floor"

missed you all day
You're 11 minutes away, so why
aren't you here?
Tell me what you need
I can make you more than what you are
Come and lay the roses on the floor"

- Halsey & Yungblud

Status: unedited

I struggled to run as sweat dripped down my forehead, my long ponytail swaying from side to side as I jogged around the perimeter of the football field, Cam running right next to me, struggling almost as much as I was.

My HPE teacher, concluded the same thing she usually does, she decided--considering she's a lousy teacher and didn't feel like actually teaching—to tell us to do suicide runs, my favourite.

Though I'd much prefer to run for an hour straight then play volleyball, not know what to do and get smacked in the head with a ball, earning crowd of laughter from the whole class, it's happened before, trust me.

I was extremely hot, the provided Riverview high shirt was clinging to my skin, making me feel hot and suffocated, my spandex was probably saturated in sweat. I probably smell like a twelve year old going through puberty who doesn't know what deodorant is.

The only thing pushing me through this lesson and preventing me from fainting from a heat stroke right now, was the fact the whole football team was practicing right now, and I was running around their field, so I had a pretty good view.

Though my eyes were more so targeted at Grayson, obviously.

They were doing a bunch of things, practicing their positions, tackling each other and seeing who could throw the ball the furthest.

My eyes were trained on Grayson watching as he ran over to retrieve the ball he just threw. He was shirtless, his tanned, well defined torso gleaming with sweat as he did so, his grey Nike shorts fighting him so nicely.

I gave him obvious heart eyes as his wet hair kept falling over his forehead, it kept getting in the way of his eyes and he kept having to brush it back, it'd been happening all lesson and every time he groaned in annoyance, I couldn't help but smile.