Chapter Sixty Nine| Please don't leave

"3000 miles away, feels like it's forever, seems like yesterday, We were running round town togetherThis place, just ain't the sameI miss the stormy weather, I'm notokay, 3000 miles away"

seems like yesterday,
We were running round town together
This place, just ain't the same
I miss the stormy weather, I'm not
okay, 3000 miles away"

-Emblem3

G R A C E ' S  P O V

Status: unedited

Today is the day I've been dreading for months on end. Today is the first of January, and it's approximately four thirty-two in the afternoon.

Today is the day my boyfriend, Grayson Snow, leaves to college in Florida which also happens to be the day I return back to my home in Riverview.

Today has been a day of reminiscing. I found myself quite drained and emotional. I tried to plaster a somewhat happy façade but I couldn't, because reality is, I'm sad, I feel heartbroken. It physically hurts knowing within a matter of one hour, Grayson will be on a plain heading hundreds of miles away.

We laid in bed for hours this morning, I couldn't physically let go of him. I laid my head on his chest and draped my arm over his torso whilst he wrapped his arm around my waist, his fingertips running up and down the length of my bare back.

It was so perfect, too perfect, it hurt. It hurt knowing I'm not going to feel the way his fingertips dance across my skin for months, or the taste of his lips. I'm not going to hear his raspy morning voice or admire the beauty of his mesmerizing orbs.

Last night was our last night sleeping together, having sex together. Both two things we do more than we probably should, but it's more so the little things I'm going to miss.

Like those two or three strands of hair that always fall across his forehead, or the way his breath always smells like spearmint. I'm going to miss the way he always sneaks into the shower, claiming that it "saves water".

I'll miss going to Stonetown Bay and doing something spontaneous there. I'll miss the long drives, the flower field, the way the sunflowers reached up at sunset, claiming the warmth with their petals.