Chapter 23

Melanie's POV~

My foot was still swollen. I had a feeling I might've sprained it or something. "Cam." "Yeah?" "Can you call Lox? I'm not feeling well and I want her to stay with Emma. So we can go to the E.R." "You sure?" "Yeah." He called Lox and I waited to leave. I heard a knock at the door and she left herself in. "Mel. You okay?" "I don't know. Cam's gonna take me to the ER to get this checked out." "Okay. I'll be here with Emma and where's Derek?" "With Nash and Amber." "Oh okay." Cameron carried me out to the car and he drove to the hospital. I was told I sprained it so they gave me a boot to walk in. I walked to the car and we drove home. I saw Nash's car in the driveway. "Mom!! What happened?" He said looking at my foot. "I slipped and sprained it. Don't worry about it. I'm fine." I carried Emma and played with her. "Well we have to get going." Nash said. "Why?" "We have to go baby shopping-" "Wait what?! You're pregnant Amber?!" She nodded as she blushed. They left and Lox was getting ready to leave. "I have to go too. I have to go get Alex from school." "Okay. You can come by later if you'd like." She nodded and walked out.

*7 Months Later*

"Guys she's here!!" Nash said as he walked into the waiting room. "Can-" "But Amber isn't." He said with tears forming in his eyes. "W-What do you mean-" "I mean she might die Melanie!!" He yelled at me for asking. "Sorry for asking. I just want to know what's wrong." I walked away and saw Cameron talk to Nash. I didn't know why he just freaked out. I heard footsteps behind me. "Mel I'm sorry-" "No. Save it. You have a daughter to attend to Nash. Don't think that I didn't go through something tough with Emma either." I kept walking. I turned and around and saw Nash cry and stand there in shock.