b.h. ✧˖*°࿐

I HATE YOU

a.n : ben is aged
around 34 here :)

"mum, dad, can i go to a party with jake?" samantha, our fifteen year old asks us as she walked into the living room where ben and i were sitting.

"i don't think that's a good idea." i say as i get up to leave, letting ben deal with this. last week she asked me, which we proceeded to argue for the entire night, needless to say, she stayed home.

"sam, we said no! you're fifteen, it would be different if you were oh, i don't know, an adult!" ben said as he scolded samantha.

"you guys suck. i'm a teenager! i'm supposed to go out and have fun, but no. not when ben and y/n jones are your parents. they suck all the fun out of everything!" she yells as she stomps her way upstairs to her room, slamming her bedroom door.

"she needs to control herself." ben sighs as i joined him again in the living room.

"she's a wild one, just like you." i say with a smirk on my face, ben shrugging his shoulders. "maybe i should apologize. i feel bad for yelling at her like that. i've never yelled like that." ben sighs and i stand up with him.

"i'll come with you, maybe she'll listen if i'm there too." i suggest as we head up for ben to apologize.

"samantha, honey, open the door please." ben politely asks as he knocks. no answer.

"samantha jones, open the door!" he says a bit louder, still no answer. i open the door, raising an eyebrow at ben as we walked in, she wasn't here.

"shit." i say with a sigh as i look at the open window.

"i'll go find her." i inform ben as i pat his chest, leaving the room.

more than likely, she's at gwilym's house. his daughter, jade, is samantha's best friend, they met while their dads were filming bohemian rhapsody and they've really been inseparable since.

i drive my car to the lee's house, seeing smoke flowing out of the windows and stumbling teens scattered throughout the yard, i'm surprised the police haven't shown up yet. i sigh and roll my eyes as i park the car, getting out to find samantha.

"jade! have you seen sam?" i ask once i had found one of the two girls i was looking for.

"oh. h-hi mrs. jones. she's with jake i believe. they're inside probably." jade informs me as she smiles, looking exactly like gwilym. "thanks sweetie, i won't mention the party to your dad either, just make sure everything is normal when he comes home. okay?" i ask and she nods before we both went our separate ways.

"samantha jones! what the hell do you think you're doing?" i ask as i found my baby, smoking a joint, her annoying ass 'boyfriend' jake's arms snaked around her hips.

"mum? what the hell!" she shrieks as she hands the joint to jake.

"don't what the hell me, you're coming home. now." i demand as i grab her wrist, pulling her through the house and outside to the car.

"we told you no parties. if you would've listened, this wouldn't have to happen. your dad is totally pissed." i tell her as we drove home.

"great, the famous jones yell, just what i want to hear." she says with an eye roll as we pulled into our driveway.

we make it into the house, samantha getting distracted by a flower the was growing through the concrete, and ben sat in the living room with his arms crossed.

"we need to talk." he says as he clears his throat, standing up to see samantha, looking rather annoyed.

"why? i snuck out, big deal!" she yells as she sits on the couch across from ben.

i join ben, scolding samantha.

"you really screwed up! you were smoking weed when i found you! god knows what else you were doing!" i exclaim and cross my arms as ben builds up what he was going to say.

"you were smoking weed?! what else were you doing? body shots!" he exclaims, his face growing red with anger. i grab his hand, giving him the 'you need to calm the hell down' look before i spoke up.

"look sam, we just don't want you to end up being a teen mom like me. it was really hard, sure your dad and i had each other, but we still struggled. no mother wishes that for her child!"

"you know what mum and dad! i hate both of you!" samantha exclaims as she leaves the room, marching upstairs, leaving ben and i standing in shock.

"oh my god." i cry out and hug ben, him sitting both of us down on the couch. "she hates us." he whispers and i pull back from the hug. ben had tears running down his cheeks.

"shhh. she didn't mean it, ben. we all just need to calm down." i say shushing him as we held each other close, both crying still. ben was sobbing at this point, his body shaking, his hair matting down from me running my hands through it.

"she doesn't hate you ben, she's just mad that we told her off." i whisper, kissing his cheek repeatedly until i heard samantha clear her throat.

"mum, dad, i'm sorry that i said i hate you, i don't. i'm just annoyed that i cant do anything fun." sam says, looking down at her hands.

"come here honey." ben says, sitting up straight so samantha can sit on his lap. 

"i love you, we just want the best for you." ben says as he held samantha in a hug.

"i'm still sorry though." she says, sitting next to both ben and myself so we can all sit in one hug.

"it's okay, but you can still have fun. just not fun smoking and drinking. we don't want your youth taken away from you too soon." i say, sam smiling.

"i get it. thanks mum." sam whispers, burying her head into ben's neck as we all sat on the couch together, inevitably falling asleep.

requested by :  Keeley_Greenleaf

a.n: so, i'm not
from the uk, so
i'm sorry if things
sound super american when
they're in the chapters.

for example;
mum and mom. i
type fast and don't
always see everything being
switched. so pls ignore
those :) especially if it's
ben or rog and
they say mom instead
of mum.