r.t. ✧˖*°࿐

WELCOME HOME

i sat at the kitchen table, anxiously twirling my hair while i waited for roger to come home

i sat at the kitchen table, anxiously twirling my hair while i waited for roger to come home. he's been on tour for three months, and while i usually go with him, i wasn't able to. i was too busy with work to take the time off. he called me last night saying he'd be home today, he just didn't know when.

i missed him. i missed his hugs, pointless conversations at 3am. just his presence. i missed him.

i frowned as i looked at the stove clock, 2am. i sighed as i grabbed a hold of the comforter i'd taken from our bed to keep warm, trudging back up the stairs to sleep.

i guess he won't be home tonight... i think to myself, crawling up onto the bed. it's stupid to cry. but i really wanted to see roger.

as the tears slowly rolled down my cheeks, i grabbed his pillow, untouched for three months, holding it close to my chest. somehow, the smell of his cologne still lingered on the pillow case.

i layed against his pillow, slowly and eventually falling asleep, a few tears still leaving my eyes.

roger

i turned the house key slowly, knowing y/n would kill me for being home so late when i promised it'd be yesterday.

i'm ecstatic to see her, i missed her dearly. "god i wish i would've gotten home last night." i whisper to myself as i took my shoes off, carefully going up the stairs, remembering that they creak and the sound wakes y/n up easily.

i walked into our room, a frown taking over my emotions. she cried herself to sleep, her cheeks are tomato red. her face always gets red when she cries.

i slip into bed, moving my pillow from under her head, replacing it with my body. i began to stroke her hair softly, my mind wandering to what might've happened while i was gone.

i watched as her eyes opened slowly, a confused expression on her face until she realized it was me.

"hi roger." she groggily said, looking up at me, a smile on her face. she wrapped both of her arms around my torso as we laid together.

y/n

i grabbed roger's face after i'd propped myself up, bringing my lips to his.

"i missed you." i whisper, smiling as our noses rested against each other's.

"i missed you more, darling." i kept peppering his face with kisses until he stopped me, suggesting we go to sleep.

"i'm glad to be back." roger whispered, running his hands through my hair again, my eyes growing heavy.

"i'm glad you're back too, welcome home rog."

a.n: i updated! i'm sorry
that it's been FOREVER
since i've updated, but
i've had a lot
going on.

let me catch you up:
• i graduated in may👩🏻‍🎓
• i worked ALL summer and was rarely on my phone. so, i'm sorry for the lack of updates. i still love ben with my entire being, i just haven't had the time to update this book!
• i'm starting a new job next week, so updates will be on saturdays, sundays, and short work days i have :)

thank you for understanding :)

in the mean time, i'll get to writing so i have things to publish <3

- trin