b.h. ✧˖*°࿐

BABY NEWS

[ unedited ]

[ unedited ]

"ben. i'm going to the doctors today. i can't be starting college with the flu." i sigh as i zipped my jeans up.

"but you just woke up." ben groans as he rubbed his eyes, sitting up in bed.

"yes, i know. but this was the only time that they had an appointment available." i shrug as i kissed ben on the cheek.

"i'll be back soon."

- -

"y/n y/l/n?" the doctor asks as i had been waiting in the office for a few minutes.

"hi how are you this morning?" i ask and she nods, "i'm alright. what can i help you with today? just feeling a bit under the weather?" she asks as we got settled into a room.

"yeah, i have been for a few weeks. i just didn't want to start college with the flu or something." i laugh slightly and she smiles.

"well, i'll take your temperature, but if it's not high, we might have to test for a few other things." she informs me and i look at her, my eyebrows furrowing together.

"what do you mean?" i ask as she put the thermometer in my ear (fyi, i HATE when doctors do that. anyone else? just me? okay.). 

"well, you've been sick for a few weeks?" she asks and i nod. "when was your last period?" i think back, and my eyes go wide.

"two months ago." i inform her and sigh. "i could be pregnant couldn't i?" i ask and she nods as she takes the thermometer from my ear.

"you're at 98.7. which is perfectly normal. i'll send you on your way, but here's this." she says handing me a clear blue brand pregnancy test.

"thanks." i mutter as i put the test in my purse, leaving the doctors office.

i get out to my car and cry, not because i'm sad necessarily, but because i'm scared. what if ben leaves me? what if my parents kill me? what if ben doesn't want the baby, but still wants to be with me.

"jesus, y/n. you still have to take the damn test." i tell myself as i drove home, my stomach feeling sick as i pulled into the driveway.

i take a deep breath as i get out and walk into the house, still pretty quiet, ben probably fell back asleep.

i take this as a perfect chance to head into the bathroom to test.