ben

[ sick?? pancake breakfast?? idk what to title this. ]

| warnings: none | words: 890 |

"y/n, love, you need to go to bed. you've been up since five this morning." ben says quietly as he walks into our daughter, penelope's room.

"she's sick ben, i can't leave her." i whisper, brushing some of penelope's hair from her face as she slept peacefully. "i know she's sick. she had a fever three hours ago and has been asleep ever since. at least go take a break." ben squats next to me, replacing my hand with his own in penelope's hair.

"okay. i'll be in our room." i say, rubbing my eyes, kissing ben on the cheek before i left the room, cracking the door behind me.

i sit on mine and ben's ben, turning on the baby monitor that was still in our room, watching the two of them, to see if anything was going on.

"daddy, my belly hurts." penelope whimpers, her arms wrapped around ben's neck as he held her close to him. my heart aching, but i stay in mine and ben's room, wanting to see how this would go.

ben hasn't been home recently due to filming, but with it being christmas, he got some time off to be with us. so, he hasn't really had to deal with penelope being sick. just like me, she has seasonal allergies, so this was almost routine for me. i just want to know how ben will deal with it.

"do you want me to get mummy?" he asks her, a calming silence lingered in the air before penelope says something.

"no, i want you. i miss you." ben clears his throat, more silence filling the air before ben and penelope lay under her covers, still not having let go of each other.

"alright. i'll stay for a while. close your eyes and go back to sleep, baby. in the morning, we can make breakfast together. how does that sound?"

"good." penelope says, the tiredness evident in her voice. i smile to myself and lay down, eventually falling asleep.

i woke up at 3am, rubbing my eyes to notice ben's still not in our room. i smile, taking my time to walk to penelope's room, opening the door a bit wider to see the pair still asleep in her bed. ben's legs not even on the mattress anymore as they cuddled up together.

"ben." i shake him lightly, his eyes peaking open. "what time is it?" he asks. "it's 3am. come to bed." i whisper, waiting for him to leave penelope's room, walking back to our room with my arms around his waist. "how'd she fall asleep?"

"pretty fast, i didn't think i'd fall asleep too." he smiles, laying more towards the middle of our bed. "come snuggle me, love."

"don't have to tell me twice." i say, climbing onto ben's side, the two of us laying tangled together.

"has she been sick a lot since i've been gone?"

"yeah. i think she misses you when you leave so she makes herself more sick than she really is." i say, ben lacing our fingers together.

"y'know, i've been thinking, maybe we could have another? well, at least, try for another. maybe having someone to play with when i'm not here would be good for pen, plus she talks about having brothers and sisters." ben whispers, a small smile on both of our faces.

"we don't have to try for another." i say, looking at him, a smile on my face still.

"what do you mean?"

"ben, i'm pregnant. y'know, we did it as soon as we could when you got home last month. i've known for a few days, i was just waiting to tell you." i say, ben's arms tightening a little around my waist.

"i love you."

"i love you too, ben."

i woke up at around 10, ben not next to me, and the smell of nearly burnt pancakes filled the air.

"oh yeah. ben and penelope were making breakfast this morning." i think to myself, tying my hair up before i left the room.

i walk downstairs, smiling as i hear ben and penelope talking to each other.

"daddy, can we please have whoop cream?"

"of course we can. but it's actually whipped, not whoop."

"that's how mummy says it."

"she's got a different accent, she says some things different. but it's whipped cream."

"i'd appreciate it if you two didn't make fun of me." i say, leaning against the door frame, ben and penelope looking at me with the same surprised expression.

"daddy started it." penelope says, sticking a spoon into the cool whip container before she ate the pile of whipped cream.

"i didn't mean to hurt your feelings, love, i was just pointing it out. i'm sorry." ben apologizes, walking over to me with his arms out.

i gladly hug him, thinking of how in only a few months, we'll be a family of four.

"give the cool whip penelope, and a spoon please." ben says, penelope handing over the container and spoon.

"we have another container in the fridge, eat this one. i know how you craved it while being pregnant with penny, so please, eat this one." ben smiles, kissing me on the nose before he went to continue making our pancake breakfast.

——————————————————————————————

i'm back! updates might be a bit slow still, but i promise i'm back to writing imagines! <3