r.t. ✧˖*°࿐

LABOR

it's two days past my due date

it's two days past my due date. i had a doctors appointment a few days ago, and he had told me that there were absolutely no signs of labor, and that the baby, who still is without a name, most likely wouldn't be coming anytime soon. he gave me a list of things to try and encourage labor. but nothing has worked.

"how are you feeling?" roger asks as he sat on the couch next to me, offering me a pretzel that he had pulled from his pocket.

"awful. i just want her out." i sighed.

"i know." roger sighs as he pushes some hair out of my face.

"we've tried everything. what else are we supposed to do?" i ask in frustration, tying my hair back with an elastic.

"i know it sucks, but, we just have to wait," he placed a hand on my stomach, "maybe you made her a really nice house in there, and she doesn't want to leave."

"well, she has an even nicer one out here, that she'd enjoy much more than my uterus." i groan as she kicks my ribs.

roger laughs at my frustration and i glare at him, immediately shutting him up, even though his smirk remained prominent.

"i'm just annoyed with sitting around, waiting for something to happen." i say, laying my head back, looking at the ceiling.

"how about we go for a walk? some fresh air might be nice?" roger suggests and i nod.

it was a nice day out, so it was good to be out. we were casually walking around the park when i felt a sharp pain in my lower stomach, causing me to stop in my tracks.

"hey is everything alright?" roger asks me as he sat me down on a bench.

"yeah i think so," i nod, "i just got a really weird-" the tightness turned into a shooting pain, stopping me mid sentence. roger grabbed both of my hands, helping me stand back up, and begin our walk home.

"y/n, deep breaths." he encouraged as we crossed the street home. the pain quickly subsided, but i hesitated to let go of rogers hands incase the pain came back.

"this is it rog. i think she's coming." i said and this got rogers attention more than anything else. i kept assuring him that i was fine and that there was no need to rush to the hospital just yet because my contractions are still pretty far apart.

"rog. at our last visit, he said we can't be admitted into the hospital until the contractions are less than five minutes apart." i explained to him.

"y/n. that makes absolutely no sense to me. why can't we just go now? i'm not risking having our baby in the house. or in the car on the way to he hospital."

i shook my head and laughed. "rog. i'm the one who's supposed to be panicking here. what if we call the hospital? will that ease your nerves?" i ask with a small laugh and he nods.