Chapter 12: Lauren

For the last 2 months, I was with this nurse named, Alexandra. She fed me, cloth me, gave me a roof over my head. She would try to talk to me. For a couple of weeks, I wouldn't talk nor look at her. She would tell me her day, at the hospital and the new and old patients she had. Then something in me, made me actually talk. She was surprise that I actually talked to her. Days turned into weeks and weeks turned to a month, I talked more and more to her, opening up my past about my sisters. She was no older than Kath. She reminded of Lisa, who never gave up on me. She was determined to make me open up. She tried and tried but never gave up, I think that's why I talked. Alex became like a mother/sister figure to me. She made me feel safe which I haven't felt in such a long time with someone that wasn't Lisa. She would take me to work everyday, just to watch over me. The workers there, embraced me with open arms. They took care of me, like I was their own. I felt love in the hospital, a place I use to hate but now love. They taught me things, like how to clean a wound or how to stop blood flowing, etc. They were important things though. They let me even talk to the patients. The patients would be so nice to me. Some knew who I was and some didn't. I was at the hospital with Alex when there was a new patient coming in. My heart dropped when I heard Lisa's name. John, Lisa's doctor called Katherine to inform her. To be honest, I fear my sisters, they hit me and abuse me badly except for Kath and Lisa. Lisa hated my sisters except Kath, for laying a hand on me. I would lie to Lisa that I was fine so she wouldn't do anything she would regret later. She stepped in front of me to protect me, making my sisters hit her instead of me which got me mad at her and my sisters. I hate seeing Lisa in pain. I would be the one to clean her cuts and bruises. I hated my sisters and from that day on, I had stopped referring them as my sisters. They had lost that except Kath. I could handle the beating, I had much worst but Lisa, she didn't deserve it. I flinched around people and would tense up when they got to close. Alex helped me alot. She help me not to get so scared of people. I was scared of her in the beginning but grew fond of her. Now I take comfort in her hugs. The feeling of love and safety. The hospital became a love and safe place for me. The workers made me feel safe and love too. I was healing but that was destroyed when I saw my Lisa on the hospital bed. After John finished her check up and cleaned her up, he let me enter the room.

" She'll make it, Laur," John says patting my shoulder.

" Thank you," I say tearing up. He pulls me into a hug. I respond to it.

" No problem, now go see your infamous siter," he says. I laugh and pulled away. He gave me space and left. I approached Lise's bed. It's been only 2 months but it felt like years since I saw her. I heard the door open so I turned my head to see who. It was Katherine and Christina. They look shocked and confused. Kath was the one to break the silence. Christina, well the Christina that was my sister, was the best sister you could hope for but the Christina that wasn't my sister, I hate her. I mentally flinch when I saw Christina. Memories of her hitting me had flashed in my head. When Christina took a step forward to me. I physically flinch, you could see the hurt and pain in her greyish eyes. It is not my fault that I fear her. Caitlin, one of the nurse, enter the room. She was the funny one and laid back. She told Christina and Kath that visiting hours. I could stay for as long as I wanted. Cait noticed that I was tense so she comforted me. I buried myself in her embrace and her scent calm me down like it has for the last 2 months. Christina was hurt by this and jealous. I had to leave though but I promised Caity that I would call her and ask her to pick me up. I said bye to Lise for now. Christina signed me out even though I wasn't even signed in. I was welcome anytime. The ride to the house was silent and tension was in the air. I tried not to flinch when Christina was talking after she finished I ran upstairs. I locked myself in my old room. It changed. To start off, Dani's things was gone. For I was relieved. She and Christina scares me the most. I don't know what I did to make them hate me so much. But they did. The room was a little messy though it was so organized. Lisa. I lay in her bed. Her scent overflowing my senses, that I started crying. I take my phone out and called Alex.

A: Hey Laur

L: Lex *voice crack*

A: Hey, hey, just breath in and out, listen to me ok?

I do as she told me and found myself calming down. I take a couple more deep breaths before talking.

L: I'm ok, can you pick me up?

A: Lo, I wish I could but I'm on a shift right now, I'll ask Cait to pick you ok? Also how are doing? Cait told me, that you saw Christina and Katherine in Lisa's room

L: Yea, Caity helped me calm down, is she coming soon?

A: Yea, but I have to go now, something is wrong with my patient, love you

L: Love you too and see at home

She hangs up. Now I just have to wait for Caity. Cait short for Caitlin, she has been with Alexandra for as long as I known her aka 2 months. She too became mother/sister figure to me. She took care of me when Lex had shifts and couldn't watch over me. She would watch movies with me and stay up at night with me, comforting me. The doorbell rang. I opened the room door so quickly. Christina came out of hers. That made me panic. I ran downstairs opening the door. I see Caity. I was breathing too fast. I couldn't get enough air in me. I felt a hand on my shoulder. I flinch thinking it was Christina's.

" Hey, hey, look at me, it's ok, it's me Caity," Caity says. I relax under her touch.

" Copy my breathing ok?" She says breathing in slowly then out. I mimic it, soon I was able to breathe again. I wrap my arms around her tightly not wanting to let go.

" Who are you?" I hear Christina's voice making me hug Caity tighter. Cait's grip on me tighten a little to tell me that I'm safe that I'll be ok.

" Again who are you?" Christina asks. Caity chuckles.

A/N: I was busy yesterday since it was my birthday and only got to upload Chapter 11 so I hope you guys enjoy Chapter 12. And can anyone guess who Caitlin is? If you were fan of the flash then you guys would know. This story will have LBGTQ so if you are against it, then leave and yes I know that people are entitle to their own opinion but still. Everyone is equal. No one is better than anyone. We should continue treating people equally even tho they are different than you because by the end of the day, everyone is human.