🐥 Chapter 17 🐬

Mr. Park is currently at the study room, reading the newspaper for the day. Even though it was aftenoon, he developed a habit to read the newspaper.

A knock can be heard from the door. "Come in.."

The door opened, revealing his secretary, Yuta. "Any news for me, Yuta?"

He pulled out a brown envelope from his suit. He placed it down the table. Mr. Park opened it and poured out the contents. Obviously, it was a set of pictures.

Pictures of Chenle and Jisung at Empire High.

"Tsk.. Tsk.. I thought this boy would learn his place when I put him on Empire High.."

Yuta bowed silently. "What did Lami do?"

"Jisung refrained her from hurting the little boy.."

Mr. Park sighed. "For sure, Lami's family would not be happy about this situation.."

"Why not pulling out Chenle from the school?" Mr. Park looks at him. "Dont worry, Yuta.. I have plans for them.. Let them enjoy their freedom.. For now..."

Jisung and Chenle went to the school rooftop after the incident with Lami.

They sat on the bench near the center area. "Are you really all right, Snow White?"

Chenle didnt answer, he's just looking at the sky.

"Chenle? Lele?"

The smaller sighed before looking at Jisung. "Let's stop this, Jisungie.."

"What?" Jisung asked.

"Stop being concerned to me, stop helping me.. More importantly, stop loving me.."

The taller looks at him sadly. "Why, Chenle?"

"Cant you see, Jisung? Everyone is against us.. You're rich, I'm poor.. I destroyed your relationship with Lami.. It's all my fault.."

"No, Chenle.. Its not.. Please.. Give us a chance.."

"There's no 'us' from the start, Jisung.."

Chenle's words are slowly breaking Jisung's heart.

"Fine.." Jisung replied coldly. He stood up and walked away from him.

After Jisung left, Chenle starts to cry.

"Why does fate wants to play with our hearts, Jisung?" he whispered.

Everyone at school heard that Chenle dumped Jisung, even though it was not.

Chenle didnt even answer Jisung's confession to him.

On the other hand, Jisung looks miserable every single day. His eyebags are getting big, probably lack of sleep. Almost every night, someone would see him drinking at the bar.

Students who usually dont care starts to notice the drastic changes from Jisung. He was a very energetic kid, everyone knows that. But after Chenle decided not to talk to him, he became very miserable.

Chenle, on the other hand, is always with Jaemin and Renjun. He was getting used to be a thirdwheeler at them.

"Chenle.. I know you and Jaemin are bestfriends or whatever, but can you please give us some space!" Renjun yelled cutely.

"But.. Where should I go?" Chenle whined.

"Go find your boyfriend, then.. Look at him.. He looks miserable.."

"We are not even on a relationship.."

Renjun rolled his eyes. "Its my first time seeing Jisung like this.. To be honest, I wanted you to be with him, instead of that stupid bitch.."

Jaemin puts his arm on the smaller's shoulder. "Are you really okay, Lele?"

Chenle fakes a smile. "I'm fine.. I guess.."

Everyday, when he and Jisung would crossed paths or stumble each other, Jisung would look at him with longing eyes.

Which he would ignored completely. He needs to do this. Even though it was hurting him.

Joy noticed the changes on his son's behavior. "What is happening to you, Jisung?"

Jisung's room is a mess. Bottles of beers are scattered everywhere.

"I want Chenle.. Only Chenle.." he cried.

"Who's Chenle?" Joy asked.

Mr. Park suddenly appeared beside Joy. "Your son dumped Lami and chose that poor boy instead.."

Joy is shocked. "What?!" She looked back at Jisung. "Stand up this instant, Jisung! You should fix yourself and apologize to Lami's family.."

Jisung ignored their words.

"Stand up, you insolent child!" Mr. Park yelled. "We'll be having a dinner with Lami's family tonight.. Apologize to them.. Put your best attitude.."

Mr. Park left the room. Joy is worried about his son. "Maybe he really likes that Chenle kid.." Joy concluded, after seeing his son like this.

Jaemin is at Chenle's house. The smaller is currently doing his assignments, but always spacing out.

"Lele? Do you want some ramen?"

Chenle is still looking at nothingness.

"Lele.. Are you really okay?"

Chenle broke from his daze and replied. "What did you say?"

Jaemin is starting to get worried.

Thank you for reading! 🐥❤️🐬