👑 1 👑

____________

____________

"This is utterly ridiculous! If Hobi was taking the freaking throne, then he would have been king already! Why do I have to have someone by my side to rule?" I shouted to my family, who was standing in front of me.

"It's been that way for many years sweetheart, I would have told you earlier but you were gone for college" the queen calmly told me. "But you got at least two months before coronation day to find someone"

"That is not enough time to do so, falling in love takes a while to kick into effect. Choosing someone then falling in love doesn't happen in a day, mother" my voice heated up as the time tick by. The tension in the room was so thick. My family didn't know what to do to calm me down. Hobi came up to where I was standing, then patted me on the shoulder.

"We will find you someone Mia and when we do, we are going to show people that this law should be void" he smiled, the room turned brighter. My brother always knows what to do in these situations. He never once tried to take my throne, won't do it now during this time. I fleed everyone away. I needed time to myself.

I yelled for my adviser and servant to the room "JIN! YOONGI!!" not a moment later, they came rushing to my aid.

"Yes, your majesty" they both said in unison.

"I want something sweet. Jin can you fetch me some sweets from the kitchen please" I said with a cute smile on my face. Giggling, he bowed and took off. "Yoongi, I need some advice about something... is an arranged marriage the best thing for me?"

"It depends, your highness. But for your grandma, it turned out wonderful. It's the easier way instead of finding someone to fall in love with" Yoongi stared at the floor, avoiding eye contact with me.

"But is it the best way? I grew up outside the palace for most of my life... seeing people connect naturally is something I always believe in then forcing people. I want that to happen to me. But it can't" water began to appear in my eyes. Taking a napkin from his pocket, he went to wipe my tears.

"Your highness, you always talked about being queen... I remember you came running into my room with your eyes lit up, saying you couldn't wait to rule one day. To show people that you hold the power, I can't imagine you not on the throne. Prince Hoseok would make a good king but you are different my lady"

Yoongi always knows what to say to make me smile again. But wasn't I enough to rule on my own instead of having someone rule by me? But if that what it takes then I will try something. Before agreeing to the arrangement, I have to go out and look for eligible bachelors first. The doors opened as Jin came inside with a tray full of sweets.

"Princess, the chef knew that you wanted something... so, he made you sweets beforehand"

My mouth watered with the sweet aroma of chocolate and other smell goods. Getting up from the throne, Yoongi guides me to the food. My eyes were like a doe, searching for my pray, waiting for the attack. Until my eyes met with 'Key Lime Pie' yummm, that was the one. Stomach growled with hunger as I picked the pie up. Jin and Yoongi smiled with happiness as they watch me devour the delicious food.

________

**Namjoon's POV**

Running away from the guards, Tae and I hid in a little alleyway. Breathing heavily, I glanced at Tae who was basically sitting on the floor "We could have finished if it wasn't those guards... I wanted it to look nice" Tae said while still catching his breath.

"We have to lay low before walking around again, but I think they got the message" I smirked. Taehyung and I are brothers, who live on the streets. We did some pretty mess up things, but one thing that we did was get tricked by some people who we owe money to. Not only that, the king and queen took our parents away because of what we did. We are basically traitors, who been sentenced to death if caught.

I'm sick of these laws and the bounty that's over our heads. The only way is to pay or get rid of these people is steal the crown or become king... so we can pay them back. Before this, I always wanted to rule, to change things around here. So people like me can get a second chance.

Once the coast was clear, I helped Tae to his feet and we went the other way back home. We have a broken-down trailer in a train yard. Living there is the best as we are hidden from the world, but still, look around the kingdom in case. As we strolled along, Tae looked at me with puppy eyes "Bro, when are we going to eat? I'm starving"

"Let's hope that we have something back at the house, if not we have to go and look for food Tae" I said to him patting his back. That's another thing, I can't stand looking for food. We can go to town to get something. But without proper coverups, we could be at risk. When arriving, I spotted a small child leaning on our door.

"What you want this time Kookie?" I said with a smug look on my face.

"God, I can't visit my boyfriend?" he smiled.

Jeon Jungkook, a noble in this town, his family has the highest rank but he messes around with someone who is fugitive, Taehyung. I try not to get involved with their love life, but if they get caught— it will be hell. My brother didn't notice he was right there until he glanced up.

One second he was beside me then the next in Jk's arms "Did you at least bring food or something... you know the deal, to see Tae here, you have to cough something up"

Rolling his eyes, he points inside "Yeah, food that will last a week or so, enjoy Joon" Jk twirled around Tae like in the movies and kissed him. Covering my eyes, I headed inside to see good quality food— I never ate so much in my life. Some may think, why you don't ask Jk for the money? Or ask to help in any way imaginable?

That's not what we want for a person who works for the pigs, like I said, if we get caught it's over. We lay low until a miracle happens— "Princess Mia is looking for someone to get betrothal to. Without a king, she can't become queen" Jungkook stated.

"That's interesting, but telling us doesn't matter because if she doesn't, then her brother is going to take over" I added while biting an apple.

"Let just say I can get you in the little batch of bachelors. I heard tomorrow she will go and search for the eligible in town if she can't find none then arranged marriage will be prompted, where she choose nobles around the world. Since I'm on the list..."

Tae's head turned so fast, you can hear a crack in his neck "Really?? Nooo..." he whined. Jungkook touched his boyfriend under the chin and peck him on the cheek "Don't worry babe, I will make sure I won't get chosen. This is for an eye... if I do this for you then I can see Tae without an agreement. I will make sure she chooses you— plus, didn't you say you needed to do unfinished business?"

The look on Jungkook face may me happy then I know what... he is a smart kid, sneaky too. He has been around us for too long to get that idea, but it's perfect. "If you do that for me, then I will do my part and make her 'fall in love' with me. It will fix the problems and change this town"

Holding my chuckles back, I couldn't believe this was happening— I needed this opportunity to change what needs to be changed.

"Then it's settled... tomorrow morning I will come by and dress you up as a noble. We will walk around the town while she is out, I will get her to notice us. If she doesn't choose a guy, then we will be on the list for sure. Deal?"

"I trust you Jeon Jungkook, it's a deal" we shook hands to sealed the agreement. This was perfect...