09

I couldn't stop looking at (Y/N) the entire day. Whenever (Y/N) caught me looking she would just glare at me. I had to send one back so I would look like a weakling.

(Y/N) spent most of her time talking to Deku and Kirishima which really pisses me off. My stomach was in knots whenever she hugged one of them. Seeing the blush on Kirishima's face made me furious.

Since (Y/N) walked back to the dorms with the two idiots, I walked back with Kai.

"Hey kid, do you plan on becoming a hero?" I ask Kai. Kai flinches and fiddles his fingers, "I-I don't know."

"Huh? With a quirk like that you should become one." I tell him. He avoids my gaze, "I'll have to think about it."

"You better think quick then. I can train you." I place my hands in my pockets. Kai gasps and his eyes sparkle, "You want me to become a hero?"

"That's your choice, not mine." I shrug. Kai bites his lip, "I'll think about it."

I lift my lips up into a small grin, "If you decide on becoming a hero, it'll be the best decision you've ever made."

"Best...decision?" Kai presses his lips with a slight frown.

Third Person POV

Flashback

"Well well well, look what we have here." Akane kneels down to the eight year old boy's level. The boy's green eyes were dark with fear.

"A child huh?" Ken bends down to get a better look at the boy. Scratches, cuts, and bruises covered the boy's small body.

"What's your name boy?" Akane asks the boy. The boy whimpers, "Kai."

"May I ask what you're doing sitting all alone in a dark alleyway?" Akane tilts her head. Kai's lip trembles, "M-My parents left me here."

"Why would they do that?" Ken crosses his arms. Kai sniffles as tears escapes his eyes, "They hate me; they said I was a mistake, a regret." He pounds his small fists on the ground, "I hate them for leaving me! I didn't do anything wrong! They always thought they were so cool with their dumb quirks!" He cries out.

Akane and Ken were taken back from his words. "What were their quirks?" Ken asks. Kai shrugs, "They hit me so hard that I can't even remember."

"Well what's your quirk?" Akane questions.

"Shapeshifting." Kai mumbles while looking away from the two pair of eyes. Akane and Ken look at each other smiling, then nodding.

"Well then why don't you come with us? We'll give you a home." Akane holds out her hand for Kai to grab.

"A h-home?" Kai's green eyes lit up. Akane nods, "It'll be the best decision you've ever made."

Kai looks at her hand for a couple of seconds before taking it, "I'll go with you."

Katsuki's POV

"How's it going with (Y/N)?" Kai changes the subject after a few minutes of silence. My heart skips a beat once he said her name. I pout and furrow my eyebrows, "Still ignoring me. I don't know what to do at this point."

Kai places his hand on his chin and thinks, "Maybe surprise her with something special? Give her flowers?"

"Flowers huh?" I bite my lip. "Do you think she would like that?"

"Well I'm just a kid, so I don't know much about girls. All I know is that girls like flowers." Kai exclaims. I stop my footsteps and dig into my wallet to check if I have enough money.