13

Today was the day of my internship. Everyone went to class, including Kai. I change into my hero suit and made my way to Lightning's agency.

"(Y/N)! Its so good to see you!" I was greeted by Lightning as I exit the train. She runs over and hugs me tightly, "You've grown so much!"

"It's good to see you too." I hug her back. Lightning was like my aunt. When I was little she always used to come over and take me around the city. She was very close to my mom since they knew each other since high school.

"How's your father doing?" She places her hand on the small of my back as we walk.

"He's good. Still working full-time in his office." I tell her. Lightning nods and looks ahead, "You know, I do want to teach you everything I know about becoming a hero...but first I wanted to chat."

"Okay, about what?" I look up at her and she looks down at me with determination, "About your mother."

I stop my tracks which made Lightning halt. She sighs and grabs my hand, "I know it's been rough, but there's a lot I want to say about her."

I take a deep breath, "Alright."

Lighting and I continue to walk, "We'll continue this conversation until we get to my office."

-

I slowly take a seat in front of her desk. Lighting folds her hands on her desk and looks at me with determination again.

"Your mother and I were best friends...since we were in high school. We did everything together; but seven years ago she disappeared."

I look down at my folded hands and remain quiet. Lighting continues, "No one knew what happened to her. Your father was devastated, and so were the rest of the country."

"I don't mean to be rude, but why are you saying this to me? I already know why she was gone." My voice is shaky. Lighting takes a deep breath, "I saw you at the Sports Festival; you were so determined to win because of your mother. You know, when we were in the Sports Festival, she did the exact same thing for her mother. Your grandma died days before the event took place."

My eyes widen and tears threatened to fall. I bite my lip, "Why are you telling me this?"

Lighting gives me a small smile, "Because, you're turning into her."

"You say that like it's a bad thing." I wipe my eyes. I didn't mean to sound rude, but suddenly bringing up a sensitive topic made me upset.

"It's not, but when you first told your parents that you wanted to become a hero you're mother told me something. She said she didn't want you to be like her, she wanted you to be your own hero."

I flinch and look up at her. Her yellow eyes boring into mine with reassurance.

"But I always wanted to be like her. I want to make her proud." My voice continues to shake. Lighting smiles, "You are making her proud by being yourself. By being the hero that you want to be." She places her hand against her heart. "Tell me (Y/N), what kind of hero do you want to be?"

I clench my fists, "I want to be the hero that makes people happy. I want to save people from the darkness of this world. I want to protect everyone!"

Lighting's smile grows, "I can picture your mother smiling down at you right now."

I smile back with tears in my eyes, "I can too."

Katsuki's POV

"Have you spoke to (Y/N)? She left for her internship today." Kirishima asks as we walk to the cafeteria. I shake my head, "I don't want to disrupt her. She said this internship is very important for her. I don't want to ruin it."