25

It's been two days since the attack. Katsuki is still in a coma. I felt like a piece of me was gone. It wasn't the same during class or during training. Everyone was depressed; no one had smiles on their faces like usual. Everyone knew to leave me alone. They knew that this hurt me more than anyone else.

It was hard to focus, but I knew that I had to keep pushing forward. That's what Katsuki and my mother would want me to do.

Kai felt the same way. Katsuki is like a big brother to Kai. The poor boy spent all this time crying. Of course I was there to comfort him.

I didn't hesitate to answer when my dad called. He was hysterical over the phone. He mentioned that he spoke to Katsuki's parents, who are devastated.

"I'll be flying in next week. I talked to Mr. Aizawa and he agreed that I can take you home for the weekend." My dad says over the phone.

I nod even though he couldn't see me, "Okay." I didn't have much to say. I really haven't spoken much since I came home from the hospital.

"I'll talk to you later sweetheart...I love you." My dad sniffles. I smile softly and respond, "I love you too."

Once the phone call ends, Kai enters my room. He has a sad smile on his face.

"How are you doing?" He awkwardly asks as he scratches his head. I chuckle and pull him into a hug, "Still the same, but I'll be fine."

He pulls away and sits next to me on my bed, "I spoke to Mr. Aizawa earlier; I told him what I did that day...how I saved you guys from that machine."

I nod, waiting for him to continue.

"Well Mr. Aizawa asked if I ever thought about becoming a hero, and I said yes." Kai twiddles his thumbs and looks up at me, "Do you think you can train me?"

My eyes widen a bit, "Yeah sure. What made you want to become a hero?"

A small smile etches onto his face, "After watching you and Katsuki train, it inspired me. I grew up in the darkness with villains. Deep down I've always had a passion, and that passion was to help people not hurt them."

I copy his smile and ruffle his hair, "Well then let's go to the training room and get started."

-

"Alright Kai, you ready?" I get in my fighting position. He does the same, "Don't go easy on me! I want you to go as hard as you can!" He slyly smiles.

I chuckle, "As you wish." I cover my right arm with flames and shoot them towards Kai. He uses his quirk to turn into Izuku and dodges with the One for All quirk. I flinch from the sudden action.

I form a T with my hands to signal a timeout, "You can use other people's quirks?!"

Kai stays in Izuku's form as he answers, "I went to Mr. Aizawa a few weeks ago because I was still one hundred percent sure how my quirk works, and what side effects I get from it. I did some secret training with him and found out that I can use the quirk of the person I turn into, but only for five minutes. After transforming a couple of times my body loses a lot of energy."

I place my hand on my chin, "Interesting. This is a game changer. With a quirk like that you can definitely become a hero!"

"Yeah." He trails off. Suddenly, a sad expression appears on his face. He plops to the ground and I quickly run over to him, "Kai what's wrong?!" I kneel down to his level.

He takes a deep breath and sighs, "As much as I want to be a hero, I want to be Kai. I don't want to look like someone else while saving people."

I frown and sit down next to him, "I see what you mean, but you can't let that stop you. Just because you look like someone for a few minutes doesn't mean you're that person. People will know who you are by your actions. You'll be the hero that you want to be."

Kai looks up at me with glossy eyes, "You really think so?"

I ruffle his brown hair, "I know so."

-

After training with Kai for two hours, we headed straight to bed. All that training wore us out.

Today was our usual school day, just without training. Today we mostly focused on regular subjects.

It's currently late afternoon, right after dinner. Everyone was chilling out in the main area, talking about different things. Everyone seemed to have smiles on their faces except for me.

"Hey." Eijirou plops down next to me and rubs my back, "Don't look so down. I know what you're going through is hard...hell we're all still upset, but having that pretty smile on your face will change your mood to a happy one."

"Thanks Eijirou." I lean into his side and hug him. He kisses the top of my head, "I'm pretty sure I mentioned this a million times already, but I'm always here if you need someone."

I chuckle and nod, "I know."

Suddenly, there was yelling coming from Mr. Aizawa.

"What happened?" Izuku raises his eyebrows. Mr. Aizawa and All Might rush into the room with phones in their hands.

"Mr. Aizawa? And All Might?" Iida stands up. The two men can the students until their eyes land on me.

"Bakugou is awake!"