sirens

Joonie:
Hey beautiful. You look very pretty today.

Hee-yong:
You haven't even seen me today, you dork!

Joonie:
I don't have to see you to know you look beautiful because you always look beautiful, I can't wait to see you.

Hee-yong:
You're too sweet, I don't deserve you. I love you😭💜

Hee-yong sharply inhaled as she sent the text. It had been two weeks since the first time Hee-yong had told Namjoon she loved him. She'd said it quite a few times since that day simply because now that her feelings were out in the open, she didn't want to hide them anymore. Namjoon had been stuck to Hee-yong like glue during those two weeks. Some nights he even stayed over at Hee-yong's house, snoring loudly on her couch. They had grown extremely close, and Hee-yong was definitely not complaining. She had discovered a completely new side of Namjoon and she adored it. He was funny, slightly passive aggressive and sarcastic, gentlemanly, and sweet. Namjoon reminded Hee-yong every day that she was beautiful, and always sent her good morning and goodnight texts.

But along with her close bond with Namjoon forming, her bond with Jimin was slowly diminishing. She hadn't even seen Jimin once since they separated that day, which wasn't abnormal under regular circumstances, but she had met up with everyone else already at some point throughout the time that had elapsed, so she only thought she'd see Jimin as well. Jimin, however, was avoiding Hee-yong like the plague. He was bitter and angry and he knew that he would just take it out on her if he saw her again. He didn't want to lash out at the girl, so he stayed away. He kept reminding himself that it was his fault. It was his fault that he couldn't see his best friend. It was his fault that she was being cared for by someone else now. It was all Jimin's fault, and he told himself that daily.
"I'm such a fuckup," he would mutter to himself.
Jin was still a little bit saddened by the fact that his crush had ended up falling for his sister instead of him, but it didn't affect him very much. Jin had met a girl recently, and he had begun meeting with her frequently. She was very good for Jin, and he genuinely enjoyed spending time with her. Jin found himself missing his sister a lot though, since Namjoon was always taking away her attention. Jin was jealous but not because of the feelings he had once had for Namjoon. He was jealous because Namjoon was being stingy with Hee-yong.
Jin picked up his phone and clicked his sister's speed dial number. Her sweet voice answered with a, "Hello?" Jin grinned shortly before saying,
"Yongie, let's go get ice cream." Hee-yong hesitated on the other end for a second but ultimately made her decision.
"Okay just give me time to cancel my plans with Joon and get ready," she said. Jin nodded rapidly before he noticed she couldn't see him.
"I'll be there in five. Love you!" Jin said quickly and hung up before Hee-yong had time to respond.

Hee-yong chuckled into her phone receiver as she heard Namjoon whining.
"Joon, you and me have been spending a lot of time together, and I miss my brother. We can hangout tomorrow, I promise," Hee-yong said reassuringly. There was a heavy sigh from Namjoon's end of the phone before he relented.
"Okay, okay. Tell Jin I said hello, will ya?" He asked. Hee-yong grinned and agreed.
"He's on his way now, so I have to go. I love you," she said. As usual, Namjoon didn't say it back. He simply grumbled a little bit more about being bailed on for the day and then said his farewells. The situation perplexed Hee-yong but she'd been trying to ignore it. After all, most couple usually don't start off saying I love you, it usually takes time. So she would give it time, she'd decided. For some reason, though, it still nagged at her.
"Yongie!" Jin's voice screamed and interrupted her thoughts. He had already intruded Hee-yong's apartment and was running dramatically toward his sister. His long arms wrapped around Hee-yong, picking her up and twirling her around.
"I missed you!" He exclaimed. Hee-yong laughed at her older brother's childish behavior.
"Jin, I saw you two days ago," Hee-yong said and flicked Jin's muscular arm. Jin rolled his eyes playfully and pushed Hee-yong away.
"I'm used to seeing you every day, though," he defended. Hee-yong nodded in agreeance. Even if Hee-yong acted like she wasn't affected, she felt weird not seeing Jin every day, as well.
Jin looked Hee-yong up and down and grimaced.
"You're not going with me, looking like that, are you?" He asked. Hee-yong looked down at herself and laughed. She hadn't gotten dressed yet because Namjoon had whined for so long on the phone.
"No, Queen Seokjin," Hee-yong teased and turned around, headed for her bedroom.
"Hey, don't call me that!" Jin said with a huff. Hee-yong laughed and shut the door in her brother's face.

Once Hee-yong was dressed to Jin's liking and had grabbed all her necessities, the siblings left the apartment.
"It's getting kinda chilly lately, don't you think?" Hee-yong asked as a sudden breeze blew through her hair. Jin shrugged and said,
"Fall is coming, after all." Hee-yong was ready for autumn to come, it was her favorite season of them all.
"I'm gonna try a different flavor today," Hee-yong announced and Jin chuckled.
"How scandalous," he teased her. Hee-yong rolled her eyes.
The ice cream shop was relatively busy so Jin and Hee-yong found themselves having to wait in line for the first time since they'd began going to that shop. Hee-yong couldn't help but get lost in the beautiful decorations the shop had. It was a marvel that entranced her every time she visited. She felt like a little kid, but she didn't really care.
"Has mom talked to you lately?" Hee-yong asked Jin. Her brother nodded and flailed his hands around animatedly as he explained the contents of his last conversation with their mother.
"So, you know how their anniversary was like last week, right? Well, they had a little getaway to Gwangju and they drank a lot, and dad is such a lightweight that he literally fell asleep on top of the car!" He exclaimed. Hee-yong giggled as she pictured their father lying drunkenly on the hood of his favorite silver mustang.
"That's nothing! One time when you were with Hoseok, mom was drinking and she walked outside to the porch in her bra and panties, asking me where dad was, and I'm like mom, he's asleep in your room!" Hee-yong said, a fond grin on her face. Their parents didn't drink very often, but when they did, they didn't handle their alcohol very well at all.
When Hee-yong and Jin finally got their ice cream, they went to the outside eating area and we're disappointed to see their usual spot was taken. They sat somewhere farther off to the side, but the view of the street was more obscured from there. The sound of a wailing ambulance siren cut through the air, interrupting Jin and Hee-yong's casual chatter. Instinctively, Hee-yong gulped and her eyes widened.
"Namjoon!" She exclaimed and instantly reached for her phone, dialing his number frantically.

Author's note:
I wrote the latter half of this while waiting in the doctors office. (I'm STILL here, this is taking too lonnngg!) So it's a bit rushed, but here's the next update woohoo. I have another doctor appointment tomorrow as well so I'll have a good bit of time to update again so hopefully tomorrow's update will be longer.
xx, Angel