Chapter 30: Karma

Chapter 30: Karma

"We're getting closer. Kailangan na lang natin akyatin ang hagdan na to." Hyun Woo said so but then again some things are just not that easy.

Damn it. We finally reached the stairs but it turned out to be guarded. At ang masama pa hindi lang isa kundi labing lima ang bantay ng hagdanan. F*cking sh*t. Kung kailan naman nagmamadali kami saka pa nagkaganito tsk.

"Stay there. Ako nang bahala." Baliw ba siya? Bakit ko naman siya pababayaang lumaban mag isa?

"I can fight too." I complained.

"I know but do you have what it takes to kill them?" His tone was serious and cold that it gives me chills.

What does he mean by that? Does he intend to kill them? Why? He can just leave them knocked out. Why take their lives?

"If you can't then you'll just be in my way, Ella. These people are already dead, well their mind is. You heard of mind link right?" He turned to look me in the eye and my forehead creased in return.

Does it simply mean that mind link controls mind but destroys it in return?

"What exactly is mind link?" Looks like the hood was right. It certainly seems that I'll finally know what mind link really is.

"It controls mind of people by giving you the power to manipulate it in any way you want to. It destroys mind in return. If you're weak then the damage will be permanent and you'll be a puppet for the rest of your life but if you're mind is strong you might have the chance to withstood and break free from it or not being affected at all." He stated it all like it was too simple. "The only way to stop the mind link is to kill the person affected with it." He added.

If that was the truth then this thing is really dangerous but one thing bothers me. How did Hyun Woo know all of this? At paano rin niya nalamang nasa ilalim ng mind link ang mga taong nakaharang sa daan sa pamamamagitan ng isang tingin lang?

"Why do you know so much about it?"

How come agad mong nalamang nasa ilalim ng mind link ang mga taong yan?

"Because I made it. I created 'Mind Link' kaya hindi ako maaring magkamali tungkol sa bagay na to." What the actual hell? Tama ba ko ng dinig sa sinabi niya? Siya? Si Hyun Woo? He created that sh*t?

"You're joking, right?" It was unbelievable!

"I wish I was but I won't be this concerned if  I'm just bluffing around." Then he sighed deeply. "I know you're curious but time is precious. We need to get out of here as fast as we can." He turned his back on me and approached those guys. He was trying to talk to them at first but he didn't receive any response.

He tried to touch one of them and that's when they all rose up. They were all trying to kill him but he didn't mind. He just proved himself to be a good fighter by making them all unconscious at once. It was too fast, I just happened to have a good eye that's why I managed to get a glimpse of it.

"I don't see any blood didn't you-

"I did. I killed them through this." He cut me off then showed me some syringe with blue liquid. "Once injected, it will spread fast to the veins until it finally reaches the brain and stop it's function."

If the brain stops functioning then the body will be useless since nothing will give command to it. In other words, they are all brain dead. At the same time if there's no brain functioning then there wouldn't be a mind to control. Now I get it. That was the very reason why there was no other way to save a person under mind link.

"I know you're somehow connected to this case but I didn't expect it to be this way." Oh yes I never expected that he knows so much because he was the one who created it.