Thirty-Four

Cassandra

"Manang! Ano ba! Kanina pa ako tawag ng tawag sayo, are you even listening to me? Binabayaran ka dito para pag silbihan kami, hindi para tumunganga lang. Ugh! Stupid!" 

I just rolled my eyes at the scene. Nakita ko nalang si Manang na teary-eyed while walking back to her room.

Kung tutuusin nga mas may karapatan si Manang dito sa bahay dahil mas matagal na siyang nanirahan dito. Nung ipinagbubuntis pa lang ako ni Mommy, nandito na siya. Manang was my mom's yaya when she was younger. Her on the other hand? Bagong kasal palang sila ni Daddy pero kung makaasta siya, para siyang reyna. Psh! 

"Cassandra! There you are! Wanna go shopping?" She greeted me with enthusiasm, na para bang walang nangyari. 

I don't understand what my Dad sees in this girl, first of all, she's only three years older than me, and second, she's stupid and dumb, and she's an idiot! Ugh nakakainis talaga.

"No thanks, wala akong oras para makipag-plastikan right now." I said, and walked past her.

Pinuntahan ko si Manang sa kwarto niya at nag-sorry sa ginawa ni Marcella. Pagkatapos nun, I went straight to my room at naupo sa desk ko. I was browsing through some websites, places where I could go, where I could hide. In the end, I opted for Alaska. I recently brought a property there, and no one knows except for myself.

I took out the picture out.

"Kung sana naging mabait ka lang sa akin noon. Kung sana hindi mo ako iniwan. I could have spared your life." 

It was a picture of Kim and I when we were younger

Oo, we were friends before, noong sobrang bati pa kami. We were inseparable, until she met those bitches. Nakalimutan na niya ako, she broke her promise that she would find time for me. But next thing I know, she's travelling all around the globe with her new "posse"

And now because of her, I can go to jail.

"AHHH!!!" Pinunit ko ng pinunit yung litrato as I screamed out in tears.

I calmed down right away, and wiping my tears yet again, pumunta ako sa dresser ko and opened a hidden compartment, inilabas ko yung baril na nandun. 

"If I can't have you, no one can." 

I quickly called Renz, at agad naman siyang sumagot. 

"How is she?" 

[She's fine Cassandra. Stop calling me every hour to check, will you?]

"Just making sure. I know how close you two are."

[What the fvck are you talking about?]

"Don't act like you don't know that I'm talking about hon, I know your past with her."

He didn't answer, he couldn't. I had him checked out by a private investigator before I hired him, and I saw the pictures- old pictures of Renz and Kim. And this lightbulb suddenly went out on top of my head. 

[What now Cassandra?]

"What now? Well now, you get to watch me kill her. Huwag kayong aalis jan, I'm on my way. Don't you dare try to escape, mamaya pag bukas niyo ng gate jan, may biglang sumabog. Madamay ka pa." I laughed as I hung up the phone

Inayos ko yung itsura ko, I have to look presentable in front of Kim. Because I'll make sure that I'm the last face she sees before she dies.

---