Chapitre 32 - Lumière

Busan | 2018

It's 4 pm, Chaeyoung and Mina then pick Seojun up from his piano lesson, it's nearby. Chaeyoung and Mina wait outside the front door. Some kids then come out.

"Eomma?" Seojun is shocked seeing her mom here.

"Seojun-ah" Chaeyoung then go see him. Seojun immediately holds Chaeyoung's hand, and show her off to his friends.

All this time, Seojun live with his grandparents, he sometimes got teased from his friends about not having his parents around. 

"Auntie Mina, hello!"

"Hello, Seojun-ah, are you hungry?"

Seojun nods.

"What do you want to eat then? My treats"

"Teoppoki?"

"Okay call! Wow, you can handle spiciness? Cool"

They all the get in the car and head to BIFF Square to find some food stall. They promised to meet the parents at the restaurant at 7.30 pm to eat some seafood.

Mina is the one who feels excited the most, she never travels this far and even seeing Teokppoki excites her. They stop at a food stall there and eat everything Soejun wants to eat.

Seojun is so happy that his mom visits him again in years.

All could see that Chaeyoung is happy as well, she can't stop wearing the big smile on her face.

They spend the afternoon together, then they head to The Bay 101 just beside the Marine Bay to enjoy the fresh seafood with the actual sea breeze. It's Chaeyoung's parent favorite restaurant. They meet the parents there.

Mina, Chaeyoung, Son Jaein, Shin Miran and Son Seojun are all spending the night together, enjoying the night.

After the dinner, Chaeyoung parents then order Chaeyoung to take Mina around the Bay. It's a beautiful spot in Busan, it's near a Marina. Chaeyoung parents then go home with Seojun.

Mina and Chaeyoung intertwined their hand, walk down the pier. It is so quiet here at the pier. 

They stop and the bridge, both lean to the rail.

"Happy to see the sea?"

Mina nods.

"Thank you for bringing me here. I am happy to feel the sea breeze, but moreover meeting your family is the one that makes me happy, your family is so lovely"

"Thank you"

Chaeyoung sigh.

"I just knew that your parents already dead, I mean I always knew that Minseo is your one and only family, but I didn't know that........"

"Yeah, both died in a car crash, 10 years ago"

"I am...I am sorry"

"It's okay, been 10 years. It's funny, I kinda happy when my dad died. Even though that time everything was slowly getting better, but I was happy that he died. But I still can't accept the fact that my Mom had to die with him. She might not my biological mother, but she raised me, and toughen me, she was my only rock. I still remembered that we both protected Minseo from my abusive dad. After he died, he even left a pile of debt to us, he's the worst but may he rest in peace"

Chaeyoung smile at her.

"Thanks to you that I don't have to worry about that again, but I will soon pay you, I promise"

"Please don't mention it" Chaeyoung then embrace Mina in her arms.

Chaeyoung then kisses her forehead and look at her in the eye.