Twenty Third Moon

"I didn't know you have a human friend." Pierre's voice was cold and full of bitterness.

"Mhm..."

I was playing with his free hand while he's driving. I'd know that he's pissed off with me or  with Gabe when he'll pull his hand away, but so far, he's letting me play with his hand.

"Where did you two meet?" He asked while driving.

Napamura ako sa isip ko nang marinig ko ang tanong niya. I can't answer the truth, he'll bombard me with questions and who knows? Mapupunta yung topic namin sa storya ni Gabe.

"Sa Mini Mart...I was buying some drinks and chips and then he was there. Nung nalaman niyang Pilipino ako, kinausap niya ako. That's it." I lied.

Napapikit ako ng mariin saglit. I felt something painful in my heart when I lied to him. My Wolf growled at me for lying at our own mate.

I'm sorry. I can't tell him the truth. Not now.

I hate you. I can believe you're lying at our own mate to protect that human! He doesn't deserve your protection, Vanessa! Our protection! He's accusing our kind for murder! Galit na sabi ng lobo ko.

She's so angry right now. She wants to takeover...she wants me to shift and hurt Gabe.

"Uh-huh..." Sabi niya habang nakatingin sa daan.

"Are you upset because I have a human friend?" I asked.

Sumulyap siya sakin bago ngumiti at umiling at tumingin balik sa kalsada. He even kissed my hand which was playing with his free hand.

"I'm not," He paused. "You are allowed to have human friends, my love. Ayokong pagbawalan ka sa mga bagay na malaya kang gawin. Ayokong nasasakal ka habang magkasama tayo. I want you to be happy with me." He said.

"I am happy with you, Pierre." I said to him.

Naramdaman kong kumalma naman siya. Ngumiti ako at pinagpatuloy ang paglalaro sa kanyang libreng kamay habang nagmamaneho siya.

When we got home, I did everything I could just to make him forget about Gabe. Nilalandi ko siya palagi, pero hindi naman ako nagrereklamo.

"Can I marry you already?"

I stopped folding my clothes when I heard his question. He was sitting on the edge of the bed, staring at me while I was folding my clothes on the floor.

"Marry me?" I whispered.

"Yes," He paused. "we're mates. I love you, you love me, isn't that enough for us to get married?"

Nilagay ko sa closet yung mga tinupi kong damit. Nilingon ko siya bago tumayo.

"You'll regret marrying me. Soon, you'll regret loving me." Sabi ko habang nakatayo.

"What are you talking about?" Kunot noo niyang tanong.

"I'm not experienced. Hindi ako katulad nung mga babaeng nakasama mo noon."

"Sa tingin mo magsisisi na akong minahal kita dahil lang hindi ka experienced?"

"Yes? Your exes are way better—.."

"Vanessa, they're not. I didn't even love them. I only 'dated' them so I can forget about you...and you rejection." He rolled his eyes.