Chapter 17

Naomi mason

"So I have some good news and some bad news." Jake said as he pranced in my room "what do you want to hear first?"

I drop my pen on my notebook and ran my fingers threw my hair. I looked up at him.

"Honestly I could hear some good news right now." I said "give me a break from all this homework."

"Well the good news is I got a raise at my job so it's going to help me a lot with the bills and shit." He said

"That's good news for you. Doesn't benefit me that much."

"I just wanted to share that with you then."

I held up a okay symbol with my hand at him. "So what's the bad news?"

"There is actually two parts to the bad news." He looked at me with a nervous expression on his face

"Go on" I insisted

"Well first of my football camp thing program that me and dad told you about yeah that starts in a month or two. I'll be gone for a couple weeks probably almost a month but we have weekends off to go visit our family's or whatever so I'll come visit you every weekend." He frowned

I was horrified. Stunned more like it. I totally forgot about that. How could I live without my brother gone for a whole month? I can't hold him back though, he needs to go.

"I'm happy you're going, this is a great opportunity and hey who knows where this could lead you too." I smiled

"Wherever I go your coming with." He smiled then frowned again

"What?" I asked

"The second part of the bad news... Aunt Allie called yesterday."

My mouth drop "oh god what did she want."

"Well you know she is getting married soon so she told me about that then she ask how we were doing bc of dad's death and all I told her we were fine and then she started lecturing me about being more responsible and now I have to mature more and blah blah blah anywho. So also went on and on how she should of gotten custody of you not me. I told her that I had all rights to have custody of you. You know that story she keeps telling us on how mom left her to take care of you if anything happens. Obviously she is still living by that."

"Well you already have custody of me so I don't know why she cares so much."

"Because she thinks I'm not fit to be a guardian."

"Well you are going to just have to show her that you are."

He smiled "oh another thing she is going to be staying at the house while I'm gone."

My mouth dropped again "what!?! Why!"

"Because I don't trust you being home by yourself and that it is what the mature person would do."

"I don't like the mature you."

He laughed "we'll get use to it."

"Why can't I be by myself?"

"God knows what you would do. You could throw a party or fucking have sex with randy while I'm not hear."

I blushed "I will defiantly not do any of those things."

He bursted out in laughter "yeah I know you wouldn't do those things but just to cautious and I don't want nothing bad to happen to you so this is for safety reason."

I groaned "ugh fine."

"Come on she not that bad." He leaned against my door frame.

"Most of the time she is and she just probably going to talk my ear off about the wedding."

"Probably." He laughed

"Well thanks for the news but I really have to get back to my home work." I pointed to all of the books on my bed

"Okay I'll let you be. I'll call you when dinners ready." He said while leaving my room

"Okay!" I called out to him

I sighed looking at all of my homework I had. I was going to be up forever. As soon as I started writing on my notebook I got a text message.

I pick up my phone and I saw it was from randy.

R: come out to your balcony :)

I looked at my phone so confused

N: what do you mean?

R: just come out to your balcony Naomi. Lol

N: omg are you here?!?

R: Naomi...

N: okay okay sorry.

I dropped my phone on my bed and went to my balcony.

I peered over the railing to see randy holding a bouquet of roses and a picnic basket on the other.

This boy never fails to amaze me.

~~~~~~~~~~A/n~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Sorry this is a short chapter I didn't really know what to write. Sorry for the long wait to but I have started school so I'm going to busy. Trying to update as much as I can then so yeah keep reading.

If you would like to send me stuff here's my email

Gabbyvazquez44@gmail.com

I will give you a shout out if you send me banners or whatever

I want to do a one- shot contest but probably more into the story so keep that in mind.

So I hope you enjoy this chapter

Thanks and stay classy

-gabby