Chapter 13

Naomi mason

I wasn't thinking at all.

I wasn't thinking of Amber.

Or my brother

Or my problems

Or even randy.

I sprinted into the hospital and peered around to see if I can find my brother.

"Naomi slow down!" Randy yelled after me

I ignored him and ran to the counter.

"Hi excuse me I'm here to see Phil mason? I heard he was check in today." I ask the front desk lady

She checked her computer "only family are allowed to see him at this time. He is in critical condition."

"I'm his daughter! Can I please just go see him!" I yelled at the lady

"Naomi just calm, it's going to be alright."

"No it's not so stop telling me that." I snapped back at him

"He is on the second floor room 25b" she pointed me in a direction

"Thank you." I said while I was sprint walking away

Maybe me and my dad didn't have the best relationship, but some part of me still cares and worries about him. Mostly worries than care. I never have thought that this would happen. My biggest fear is him dying hating me. I could hear Randy's footsteps behind trying to keep up with me.

"Naomi wait up!" Randy yelled

I stopped at the elevator and turned around to look at him.

"What are you still doing here?" I ask him harshly

"Huh? What do you mean-" Randy was confused

"I mean why are still here following me? I needed a ride from you that's it. I still haven't forgiven you. You are the last person I want here right now. So you did your part now leave me alone." The elevator door opened and I walked inside. Before it closed randy walk inside too. I groaned.

"No I'm not leaving you. Not this time. Do you realize that you have nobody else by your side but me and your brother? Stop trying to push me away bc I'm not going anywhere. I'm right here beside you. Even if you don't forgive me I'm still not leaving. You don't have to forgive me if you don't want to and I'm sorry for everything. I really am and all I wanted was to be with you and I screwed up. " His voice fainted "please just hear me out?"

I stared at him blankly with my eyes open. I put my head down so I was staring at the floor. I felt him come closer to me. His cold finger touch my chin and my head is suddenly raise. My eyes meet his.

"I appreciate what your doing but we are not together so why do you care?"

"Same reason why you care, because I like you and you like me."

I bit my lip and my eyes went to the floor. The elevator door opened.

"Just leave me alone randy, you can stay I'm not going to stop you but just don't talk to me it's just to much to handle right now." I loosen from his grip and walk out of the elevator. I guess he choose to stay because I could hear his footsteps right behind me.

I walk two hallways down and then I mad a turn. Once i did I saw brother sitting on the floor with his hands on his head.

"Jake." I said slowly

His head peeked up "Naomi," he got up "I'm glad your here." He put his arms around me. He was squeezing me tight. I buried my head into his neck. I started to cry again. Maybe I wasn't close to dad but jake was. This was me when mom died, he was comforting me.