13 - Foolish feelings

"You're a what?!"

"A student here now," he said nonchalantly as if that was something normal for him.

But it wasn't.

"What the heck do you mean you're a student here now?! How? Why? Who allowed that?!" I yelled with my mouth full of food.

"Hey," he grumbled, disgusted. "Watch where you're spitting that."

I shut my mouth. "Sorry."

He swiftly flicked off the grains of rice that were stuck on his cheeks.

"I told the higher ups that it was for research purposes and they agreed to letting me stay here as a student. We have to understand why you're so different from the others, so I came here to spend more time with you."

I gasped. "You told them about me?"

His eyes widened. "No! They must not know about you. I just said that it was for research, to know if there are anomalies and such."

I took a bite from my food before humming. "So, you mean anomalies like me?"

"Exactly."

He was eyeing my food so intently while I was eating. If I didn't know that he wasn't human, I would have thought that he was extremely hungry and was begging me to give him a bite with his puppy eye charms.

Not that I would give him, though.

"Why don't you just order something instead of drooling over my lunch? You said you were rich."

He cleared his throat before wiping off his pitiful expression. "There's no need. I'm not hungry."

My ass... You looked like you wanted to take my curry out on a date and then marry it.

"No...? I was just wondering how it would taste like," he stammered before gulping hard.

"You said you didn't feel stuff humans did." I frowned. "How would you taste a food?"

He shook his head. "I do have my senses, Lyn. I just don't feel pain and stuff."

This shit doesn't add up...

With a light chuckle, he propped his head by placing his elbow on the table and looked into my eyes with a soft gaze.

"You'll get used to it," he drawled in a pleasantly sweet voice and I almost choked on my potato.

I quickly grabbed my drink and chugged it down in one go before huffing a breath.

I'm still not used to him acting so sweet. I kind of miss the old bratty Jimin...

"I'm sorry but that old bratty Jimin doesn't exist, sweetie," he chuckled. "This one is here to stay whether you like it or not."

"Whatever."

"Um... Jimin?"

We both turned our heads to the girl who was standing next to our table, fidgeting and playing with her nails. I didn't understand why she was so nervous, considering how she was dressed and the fact that she was one of the most popular girls in the school. A total hooker.

After throwing me a sneaky glare, she turned to Jimin with her innocent facade on full display.

"Can I talk to you for a while outside the school?"

I think the fuck not.

Jimin snorted but quickly smiled at her when she frowned, thinking that he was probably mocking her or something.

"Okay," he chimed before standing up and following her out.

Clenching my jaw, I stabbed a piece of meat and stuffed it into my mouth, chewing it aggressively as I imagined the two flirting with each other. He shouldn't be engaging in relationships with humans.

I was sure that she was confessing to him. If he did accept it, I was going to break off their relationship. It wasn't right.

After a minute or so, he came back alone, his huge smile still plastered on his attractive face.

"Why did you come back so fast? What did she say?"

His smile turned into smirk as he eyed me smugly in an amused way. I had to blink twice since he drastically changed from adorable to seductive in seconds.

"Are you perhaps jealous, Lyn?" He purred, leaning closer to me, enough to have my heart trembling. "Does the thought of me being with other women hurt you? Do you want me all to yourself? Well, aren't you stingy, sweetie..."

Stop reading my thoughts, you nosy snake! "Or I will keep punching you until you feel pain."

His laugh tickled my cheek and I jolted when he suddenly caressed it.

"What the f-"

"She asked me to go out with her alright. She even said that it was okay for her if I didn't want to, but then asked me if I wanted to hookup and gave me her home address."

"What the fu-"

He burst out laughing while covering his mouth sheepishly. "Gotta say, I was really surprised. She was saying all that when she couldn't even make eye contact with me."

I mean... I can understand why...

"I turned her down though, and told her that I was already in a relationship."

"You are? With who?"

He giggled and gently grabbed my chin as his eyes glinted with mischief.

"With you, of course."

My brows crashed together as I squinted my eyes in confusion. "Come again?"

"It will be easier for us to discover the truth when we are close like this," he mused as his thumb slowly stroked my chin. "That's why I put us in a relationship. Is that alright with you?"

Yeah...

"Absolutely not."

He guffawed and pulled his hand away to wipe his tears. "I like you, Lyn. You don't know how adorable you are."

I bit my bottom lip, trying to hold my embarrassment inside. My pink cheeks weren't helping me save myself from this situation.

Jimin would be the death of me someday.

"Let's go to your house today."

What-

————————————————————
A/N: Happy Women's Day! 😘🌹

Thank you for reading this chapter and please don't forget to vote if you liked it 🌹