33 - Make a wish

"Did you notice his weird human qualities lately?"

"That, I have... But we are yet to find the reason he became like this."

The authorities murmured among themselves in deep thoughts. All the days spent on putting Jimin in his place made them more and more suspicious of his activities and whether or not a third party led him to commit violations in the first place.

"We should call the other reapers who interact with him. Names."

"There's Yoongi. He's almost always seen around him."

Hum. "Then I guess we need more space in the confinement."

🌹🌹🌹

"Are you excited to work here starting tomorrow?"

Not really... I never thought that I would become a working adult this quick...

I nodded with a small smile. "Can't wait..."

My uncle walked over to the wooden cabinet and pulled out a bag of clothes before handing it to me. I peeked into it to find a navy blue colored suit.

"Your uniform," he chimed while sitting down behind his desk. "The detectives here don't wear it often but since you're new here, you should wear them for a while."

I nodded. "Thanks, uncle."

He suddenly sighed and stared into space with a nervous expression.

"What's wrong?"

"Well...  as much as I'm happy to have you work beside me, I'm worried about your wellbeing," he mused with his eyes fixed on the wall. "Your work isn't as dangerous as mine since you're a newbie, but it's still not that pleasant."

I let out a soft chuckle. "I'll be fine, uncle. You don't have to worry about me, okay? I'm not a police officer... I'll be doing office work in my office anyways."

He heaved a sigh. "Right... I guess I'm exaggerating it."

I appreciated his caring gesture.

With a soft smile, I stood up and walked to the door. "Bye, uncle!"

"Bye, Lyn!"

I checked the time and it was half past noon. I had nothing to do for the rest of the day.

Time to go stroll the nearby park, I guess...

I exited the building and walked straight to the park with the huge fountain. Might as well throw in a coin or two and make a wish while I was at it.

The sky was clear, the sun was shining, people were happy... Just what you would expect from a perfect day...

Except, it wasn't a perfect day for me.

It would have been perfect...

I wouldn't have felt empty when I woke up this morning...

I wouldn't have felt sad when I checked the date...

I wouldn't have felt lonely if someone was here with me to spend this special day with me...

The day we started dating many years ago...

The day we celebrated as his birthday to commemorate our reunion.

I approached the fountain and sat on the edge of it before sighing in silence.

Where are you now, Jimin?

Are you doing alright?

What should I do to know that you're doing fine?

I opened my bag to get a coin and tossed it into the fountain that was filled with coins and buttons. With my eyes shut, I gave wishing on a fountain a go.

I wish for Jimin to be doing well. I hope he's not hurt or in pain. Please look after him.

I hope that I'll be able to see him soon...

I opened my eyes to stare blankly at the flowers before me.

Children were chitter-chattering around the fountain, talking about how they want to buy the toys they saw on commercials.

"Miss?"

I turned to look at a small boy with jeans jacket and pants, his hair gelled and styled. Is this a future heartbreaker I see?

"I want to make a wish, but I don't have any coins with me," he pouted. "Can you give me one, please?"

"Kai! Ask her one for me, too," one of the other kids yelled before laughing.

"What are you wishing for?" I raised an eyebrow with a small smirk.

"If I told you, it wouldn't come true," he said, matter of fact, batting his long eyelashes.

I couldn't help but chuckle.

So cute...

I fumbled with my wallet and handed him two coins.

He cheered along with the others and they gathered around the fountain to ask for something they wanted. Probably toys.

But I froze when the little boy said, "I wish for my parents to stop fighting and that we live happily together forever" under his breath.

"What did you wish for?" The other boys asked in curiosity.

He smiled sheepishly. "I can't tell you that."

They groaned and whined in disappointment, and then the other boy stepped up to the fountain and tossed the coin.

"I wish that my friends and I will be together forever. I wish that we'll all be happy. And I wish for Soojin to accept my love," he whispered.

I chuckled softly. Accepting his love, huh? I mean, who am I to judge his love...

I turned to look at that boy. I hope your love life flourishes... Mine is in shambles right now, so at least one of us should get our wish granted and live with our beloved.

"Lyn."

My breath hitched.

I looked up at the person standing beside me.

My heart started beating furiously.

"Jimin?"

————————————————————
A/N: How'd y'all feel not seeing Jimin for two chapters lol?

Thank you for reading this chapter and please don't forget to vote if you liked it 🌹