35 - Lethal kiss

The evening breeze was gentle and soothing when Jimin and I strolled the park hand in hand while eating ice creams.

"Mine is really delicious," he exclaimed and brought it up to my mouth for me to taste.

I took a bite and brought mine to his mouth but he frowned at me. "I don't like mint chocolate, Lyn."

"Oh, right..." I smiled sheepishly.

We sat down an a bench and he wrapped his arm around my shoulder, pulling me to himself. I leaned my head on his chest and continued eating my ice cream.

The sound of his heartbeat was melodic and relaxing.

"Lyn."

I hummed.

"Remember what I said about soul reapers?"

"Yes?"

"You know I was wrong... I do feel love... when I'm with you."

I blinked before sitting up and looking at him surprised, wondering what he was trying to say.

"And I also feel fear... fear of losing you, sadness... sadness from seeing you in pain, joy... happiness from seeing your smile... All these emotions appearing and growing inside me when I'm with you, making me feel... alive."

He shifted closer to me before cupping my cheeks with his hands.

"I want to feel it more. I want to be by your side more. I may sound selfish, but I want you to love me like you do now and not push me away, because I already became so vulnerable for you... It's safe to say that you hold my entire soul not only my heart."

I didn't know what to say. My words were stuck in my throat.

"Lyn," he murmured as he leaned in closer and I shuddered. "I love you too much, it hurts."

Holy mother of-

"Even if they torture me for this, even if the world ends, I can't give you up... Will you accept me?"

His eyes searched mine with so much desperation.

I shook my head, smiling. "I already did, idiot."

He broke into a grin for a moment before inching closer with his eyes fixed on my lips.

I fluttered my eyes closed and leaned in, not resisting his painfully slow movement, connecting our lips.

My heart started bursting at the feeling of his lips molding with mine, spreading goosebumps all over my body. They felt perfect. So soft but so firm as they moved against my lips tenderly and passionately, I nearly moaned at the heavenly feeling.

His hand held my jaw while his other hand was placed on the small of my back, pulling me closer, making our chests press against each other.

I ran my free hand through his hair that was still damp, gripping it when he started nibbling on my bottom lip.

Oh my gosh...

I was caught in a daze, unable to think straight. My heart was swirling with countless emotions.

This was what I craved for years.

My stomach churned when I felt him growl against my mouth and start running his hand through my hair before grabbing a fistful of it.

No matter how much I wanted the kiss to continue forever, I had to pull back to gasp for air.

Displeased with the loss of contact, he pouted and slowly opened his eyes while panting softly.