Chapter 11

✖️✖️Next day in English✖️✖️

I was working on the assignment that the teacher had gave us. Mine was kinda embarrassing so I tried to keep it away from everyone.

The assignment was to write about something you need in your life. A necessity that wasn't water, food, or air. The thing that I can absolutely not live without was Christmas music.

Even though it was the middle of March, I listened to it.

I think I'm obsessed with Christmas music because my late grandmother would always listen to it with me even if it was summer.

I guess if I listened to the song a I would still feel her presence.

I listen to Christmas music everyday. It's all over my phone and always playing in my room. It's so embarrassing, only my parents know I do this.

Anyway, I was trying write in peace but I kept hearing this loud, obnoxious chewing. I turned my head to see Matt purposely chewing his gum like a maniac because he wanted my attention. "Matthew if you don't stop chewing like a dinosaur, I will strangle you." I said joking in a serious way. He laughed as I couldn't keep serious anymore and bursted out laughed.

All of the sudden I heard footsteps approach us.

"You two are being too disruptive. Maybe you would like to go to the library and find books for your project." She suggested.

We both shrugged, gathered our stuff, then headed for the library. As we walked Matt kept trying to get me to tell him the secret.

Like, no.

When we got to the library I freaked out because I was sure the library didn't have a Christmas Song book. With some looking, and I mean some major looking, I found one book.

This book didn't not help the fact that I was embarrassed already, the book was titled "Jingle Your Bells Right Over to This Book."

I went to check it out when I saw one of the girls that beat me up about 3 weeks ago. I stopped and hid the book behind my back. I had no idea how I was going to check it out.

I kept standing there like an idiot.

"Are you just going to stand there like an idiot?" The girl asked.

That was ironic.

I walked closer to the counter where she was sitting.

"Library Assistant : Madison" her name tag read.

"Do you have any books on-"

"No, sorry no books on how to be like me." She smiled looking at her million dollar manicure.

I shuffled away and found Matt.

He was sitting at the computers.

"I can't find a book on beanies." He sighed.

"Beanies?" I questioned.

"Yes beanies!" He laughed.

"I'm searching google, but can't find anything! What's your thing you can't live without." He asked.

I had my book under the desk so he couldn't see.

"Oh um, football." I panicked.

"Football?" He asked with a raised eyebrow.

"Yes football." I mocked him.

My thing I can't live without is the furthest thing from football, but it was first thing that came to my mind.

I looked down to see what I was scratching and it was the little barcode that I scratched off.

I was really nervous and scratching is like my nervous habit.

I realized that I could just sneak it out. I hid it in my binder, grabbed Matt and left.

Embarrassment gone, right?

Nope. Only to come back in health.