Chapter 16

I successfully avoided talking to Matt all day. Now I just had to get through detention. I quietly opened the detention door. My eyes went directly to Madison sitting on Cameron making out. I sat in the seat closest to the door and furthest from the couple that are wrestling with their tongues. I gently got my English essay out of my backpack, not wanting them to notice me, when the detention teacher came in.

"NO PUBLIC DISPLAY OF AFFECTION AT SCHOOL!" Mr. Fredrick almost screamed.

Madison jumped off Cameron and they both straightened up in their chairs. I liked how Mr. Fredrick scared the toughest kids, but he also scared me.

"NOW SIT DOWN AND NO TALKING! I NEED TO RUN TO THE TEACHERS LOUNGE AND PRINT COPIES OF THE FEETBALL THING! NO TALKING WHATSOEVER!" Mr. Fredrick yelled then walked out.

Oh god. I am alone in a room with my two biggest enemies, my secrect sitting right in front of me, and no help. I was about to grab my essay to put it away, but someone with really long pink nails snatched it out of my grasp. I watched her eyes as they moved across the paper, and wanted to run and hide.

"You can't live without Christmas music?!" She asked then bursted out laughing.

Then Cameron started laughing hysterically. I picked up my backpack and grabbed the paper out of Madison's cold hands. I shuffled out of the classroom and shut door. I could still hear the loud laughter.

I started moping down the hallway when I saw Mr. Fredrick coming towards me. No way was he dragging me back to hell. I hurried into the nearest classroom only to see the Matt and the whole football team staring at me. I guess I interrupted some meeting.

"That's it for day, have a great day everyone." The coach said looking at me awkwardly.

I walked out of the room and started walking really fast to get out of the school. Of course Matt had to catch up with me.

"Hey want a ride?" He elbowed me in the arm playfully and smirked.

"Depends on if you're in a sherlock-y mood." I smiled.

"Well I noticed how you've been avoiding me all day because of what happened yesterday. So maybe I should respect your decision to not tell me that you and Madison fought." He smiled.

His smile could make me forget that he killed innocent people.

"Are you joking?" I asked in disbelief.

"Duh. Why'd you and Madison fight?" He asked mocking me.

I put my head down and started walking away.

"I'll just walk home." I sadly said.

Then Matt picked me up bridal style and started walking.

"You're too perfect to walk." He laughed.

I blushed super hard. This was the first time he had ever shown any affection to me. I wasn't complaining.

"This is luxurious. You should carry me everywhere." I joked.

We finally reached Matt's car and got in. When we got home I went to my house and Matt went to his.

I threw my backpack down on the ground and went up to my room to watch Drake & Josh on t.v for two hours.

I heard singing coming through my window. Two boys singing Christmas music. I walked over to see Cameron and Matt singing Jingle Bells horridly.

They both laughed at my reaction which was horrified.

I shut my window and shut the curtains. I texted Matt:

B : What tf is Cameron doing at your house?!

M : Oh yeah he's my cousin and he's staying with us for a few months. And he's on our feetball team. :)

What. The. Heck.