13

Across the Shadow Rift

Kage's footsteps echoed down the hall as he made his way to see his king and brother. His energy nearly depleted after flying across the sea than through The Shadow Rift. His mission to the main human lands had brought bad news. Kage walked down the silent hallway of the massive house craved in the mountain until he reached the ornate doors of the study. Two of the fae's strongest guards stood post outside of the doors, their deadly black hilted blades gripped in hand and utterly still. They watched Kage through the holes in the dragon mask they wore as he walked through the doors and shut them with a resounding click. A wide space with shelf after shelf filled with books lined the walls except for the one wall that was completely open, like a massive window. To be fact, there was no wall except for pillars that stood to support the roof. The beautiful scenery of the mountains and the city of Erembour provided an excellent and relaxing view.

Kage walked to the ledge that overlooked the lands and did not flinch as his king materialized from shadows, a soft wind ruffling his royal blue hair.

The Shadow king stood next to his second in command and said, "How was your little trip?"

Kage looked to his king clothe in all black with an expression of fake happiness. "I do dare say that it was splendid." Kage had an exhausting time in the human lands. He could never change into his fae form while he was there, he was stuck in his raven body for three weeks. Three damned weeks of scavenging food, dodging brooms of cranky old women and arrows from pesky farmers. Three weeks of careful hiding to find out the information he needed. Three weeks of torment and all for bad news. The Shadow King saw the weight of something pressing on Kage's shoulders. Looking down at his city he said, "Report."

"The Human King is collecting the stones of the Bone Crown. I was not able to know how many he has or if he has any. They were well guarded with magic spells that in my presence would send red flags up. But I was able to find out that he has the Bone Crown. And then..." Kage took a deep breath and looked at his king with wide eyes. This news still shocked him even though he's repeated it repeatedly in his head, "I believe I have found the daughter of Shannis Vel Prismo after all our years of searching and I also believe that our enemy has found her too."

The Shadow King's heart stopped. Years. He had been searching for years of Shannis Vel Prismo's lost daughter and they have found her. He knew they have. She would be coming of age very soon that her powers would begin to strain against the barriers built a long time ago. Kage would have never even suspected it was her if he didn't at least feel some pull of her power. The Human King has the Bone Crown and that meant he was searching for the stones. And Shannis Vel Prismo's daughter is the best way to find them. She can never fall into The Human King's hands.

"Great news. You're going back. Take Three of the best warriors with you. Watch her and at the slightest indication you think their rultwarts of a King is planning to lay hands upon her, you come to me. I'll have further instructions sent to your rooms tonight, till then get some rest." Then the Shadow King became shadow and disappeared to plan.

*******************************************************

IM SO SO SORRY THAT I HAVEN'T BEEN UPDATING REGULARLY!!

I've just been extremely busy with school and then my laptop broke...😒

So that leads me to say, thank you grandma (The G.O.A.T) for surprising me with a brand new laptop. It will help me so much and every time I write I thank you! So I dedicate this chapter to you!

I plan to get myself back in gear and keep up regular updates. Next update should be on 3/10/19 

PLEASE DROP A VOTE AND COMMENT TO TELL ME WHAT YOU THINK!

TELL OTHERS ABOUT MY STORY!

With love- Nosedeep