04

Early light drifts into Azreil's room as I slip out from under the sheets of the warm bed, wrapping a robe around my naked body. The cold stone floor nips at my feet as I walk over to the window. I make sure to be quiet as to not wake Azreil, who lay sleeping. He lays on his stomach with his arms under the ripped feather pillow, giving a view of his muscular back and arms. He's too beautiful to be caught up in the mess we're in.

Feathers kick up around my feet as I walk toward the window. I watch the people of Salvian setting up their market stalls. The same people who in turn are watching each child passing by like hawks to ensure no sticky fingers take off with their merchandise. Horses trot down the streets and wagons are pushed through the growing bustle of people as the morning ends and noon was beginning. I catch a small glance of golden armor as the king's guards walk the streets. The crowds part, avoiding them like fish do sharks. Assholes the guard was. They took pleasure in removing a hand or head with polished swords, no offense was too small to punish. Returning the favor, I had no problem when I got to remove their limbs.

I rub my shoulder to help ease the pain brewing there. I had to make a quick jump through a window that was way too small for me to go through to escape the tavern brawl. I jarred my shoulder on the way out. The king's guard came rushing into the tavern when they heard the shouting of fighting and I took that as my cue to leave. Before leaving, I managed to stab one man in the hand with a fork, bust out teeth of another and broke several people's bones. They were looking for me, but they would never find me.

"You're up early." I turn to face Azreil. He slides out of bed and throws on a pair of brown trousers and a light green tunic, strapping a small dagger to his inner forearm. Always prepared.

I walk over to his small desk and open the bag placed on top, grabbing a vial of wolf ginger, gulping it down. I didn't need kids right now. "It's nearly noon." I laugh at him as I put on a pair of black trousers and a white tunic. I strap my weapons to my body, their presence comforting to me. Each one undetectable until it was too late.

I walk over to his mirror and braid my unruly hair.

"Hungry? Wait why do I ask- of course you are. Let's go," he says with a smile and throw on my cloak.

"Yes, milord."

I pass by him but he pushes me up against the wall and smashes his lips on mine. His tongue brushes against my bottom lip and I open my mouth wider, letting him explore my mouth. I twist my hands in his hair as he grips my hips. He pulls back from our kiss with my bottom lip caught between his teeth and a small moan escapes me. He laughs. "That is the fifth pillow of mine you have ripped. Maybe I should go easy so you won't rip my pillows when I'm-"

I laugh, cutting him off and pull from his grip reluctantly. "Food," I reply, ignoring what he was about to say and walk out with a smile.

*************************************

Drop a vote and comment!

More coming soon! 9/20/18