Chapter 4

Yoongi POV

Sitting in one of the lesson rooms early, I move to sit down on the piano bench with a small smile. Letting my fingers rest on the keys lightly, I slowly begin to press down on them, letting my hands take over and do the work naturally as I begin playing. I let my eyes fall shut at the sweet beautiful music, enjoying the sound each key creates with the pressure applied to them.

Though, my fun doesn't last long before there's a knock at the door. Turning to look over at it curiously as I continue playing, I assume it's the person that I've got lessons with today.

"Come in!" I call out to whoever's on the other side before turning my attention back to the piano. It takes a minute before I hear the door open, waiting a couple of seconds as I bring the music I'm playing to an end before looking over to the door. Though, I'm quite surprised when I see Hoseok and his sister in the doorway, his sister nervously walking in with a small smile. I can see Hoseok's surprise, causing me to grow mildly shy, something odd for me considering I never get shy. Then again, I never see Hoseok outside of school or here either.

"You don't have to be shy, Soomi. You both can come in." I speak up, hoping to ease both their nerves and my own.

"I didn't know you played piano, Yoongi." Hoseok murmurs softly as he looks around the room before his gaze lands back on me with a small smile. I refuse to let a small smile onto my lips, simply shrugging in response.

"Most people don't." I respond quietly. Looking over to Soomi, I realize she's just kind of standing in the middle of the room awkwardly, clearly not knowing where she's supposed to go. I stand up from the bench, motioning for her to take a seat there. She gives me a shy smile, nodding her head before walking over and sitting where I'd been just moments before.

"Alright. Soomi, are you gonna be good here by yourself and be comfortable walking home afterwards?" Hoseok speaks up with a small smile as he looks over to his sister. I can see the love in his eyes that he has for his sister, clearly not really having needed to come with her but going anyways for her support. Her head snaps around faster than I've ever seen someone move, her eyes widen and panicky as she looks back at him.

"Soomi, you walk home by yourself all the time. You're usually leaving Choyeon's house later than you'll be leaving here to head back." Hoseok reminds her softly.

"Please, Hobi? Please stay and walk me home?" Soomi asks quietly, clearly nervous for whatever reason. I glance back over to Hoseok who's face softens as he hears the fear and nervousness in his sister's voice. He steps closer to her, rubbing her back gently. My heart swells at the sight of them, wishing uselessly that it could be me as well that he's close and gentle with.

"Is this because of what happened earlier?" He asks softly, kneeling down beside her. She bites her lip, looking down to the floor before shaking her head.

"Soomi, what's this about then? You know I have work right now." Hoseok asks in a gentle tone, clearly worried for his sister. I bite my lip, looking away from the two as I ruffle my hair lightly in frustration with myself.

"Please, Hobi? I'm sorry, I know you have work, but please?" Soomi begs quietly. I hear Hoseok sigh, running a hand through his hair.

"This has a lot more to do about earlier than I thought it did. Doesn't it?" Hoseok asks softly, his tone so gentle and kind. I glance back over to them, not really understanding what he means by that, but deciding just not to question it. It's not like it's my place to anyways. Soomi nods though, her gaze averting back to the floor like before. He sighs once more, nodding his head before kissing her forehead and standing.

"Okay. I'll go call my boss." He tells her before turning over to me.

"Yoongi, do you mind if I hang out in here with you guys during her lesson for today?" Hoseok asks in such a gentle and sweet tone. I find myself giving him a small smile and nodding my head before I even realize what I'm doing. He gives me a small shy smile, mumbling a thanks before he walks out of the room while in the process of pulling his phone out.

Looking back over to Soomi, she keeps her gaze on the floor at the side of the piano. I sigh softly, walking over to her and standing at the side of the piano.

"You don't need to worry about Seng anymore, if that's still bothering you, Soomi. He'll stay the fuck away from you now, and hopefully your brother too. And, if he doesn't, then you can come to me to get him to settle his ass back down. You don't have to worry about him anymore." I tell her softly. She looks up at me, a small shy smile on her lips.

"Thank you, Yoongi."