Chapter 18

Yoongi POV

"Hyung, it's gonna be okay. I'm sure it's gonna work out better than what you're worried about." Jimin argues gently as he pulls me into his side. I groan, shaking my head against his chest as I try to hold back the tears.

"No, no it's not. I fucked up, Jimin. I fucking fucked up. And now it's only going to be a matter of fucking time before I lose him." I respond with a shaky voice, pulling away as I lean forward to grab the half drank beer off the coffee table in front of us.

"Yoongi, you're overthinking it. It's going to be okay. Besides, you've got the four of us to help you out with protecting him. You've not got as much to worry about as you think. We're all going to have your back, hyung." Jimin tells me, snatching the bottle out of my hand before I can take a drink from it. I give him a small glare, knowing that he knows perfectly well that I don't like people trying to take my alcohol from me. He sighs, shaking his head at me.

"How much have you had to drink by now? Hmm? This is your second bottle since I got here." Jimin questions with a small frown. I purse my lips, looking away as I know what's coming.

"Fifth. I had three before you got here. I texted you after I finished off the first one." I mumble quietly, rubbing the side of my face tiredly. He shakes his head once more, ruffling my hair gently before standing up. He hands me the bottle back before heading towards my kitchen.

"Hyung, we've talked about this. The last thing anyone needs is you drinking yourself into an early grave. Hoseok isn't gonna want to date someone who wants to stop drinking his life away and then doesn't. You were doing well for a while, hyung. Down to just two bottles every few days. You can't keep relapsing like this." Jimin says softly before walking into the kitchen.

I just bite my lip, looking down to the floor as I curl into myself. Knocking back the last half of the bottle with ease, I set the empty bottle on the small table in front of me before moving back over to my corner of the couch, curling up into a small ball.

I'm disappointed in myself. In so many ways. I know he's right. I know I shouldn't have gone back to drinking like this the other week. I knew I shouldn't have had that first bottle when I was feeling like shit, knew where that was gonna take me. I've fucked up and gotten myself back into my old shitty drinking habits that even I hate. He's right, Hoseok isn't going to want to date me if he knew my drinking habits. Hoseok wouldn't want to date an alcoholic. Though, right now, I'm not too sure how much that matters. When he eventually figures out the truth about me, figures everything out and connects all the dots, he's not going to want to stay anyways. He won't want to be anywhere near me. But I won't really be able to blame him. Most times, I don't even want to be near myself.

"Min Yoongi, sit up and stop. I know what you're doing, and you need to quit it. You're not a bad person, you're not a terrible person, you're not some monster. Just because you've done some shit and still occasionally do some shit that would support what people say about you at school, does not make any of that bullshit true. Okay? You're an amazing guy and Hoseok should feel lucky to have you. Everyone has their own shit to deal with, their own battles to fight. Yours just happen to be much different than most." Jimin scolds in a gentle tone as he returns, sitting down next to me.

I sit a little more upright but don't respond, reluctantly taking the cup of tea that he's made me to drink instead. I just sigh quietly to myself, taking a sip of the tea before leaning into his side once more.

"It's gonna be okay, hyung. We're gonna get through this together. Okay? You're still not alone and you never will be. At the very least, you're always gonna have my annoying ass. Got it?" Jimin jokes lightly, bringing a small smile to my face as I look up at him.

"I don't know what I would do without you sometimes, Jiminie. You really are the best friend anyone could ever ask for. Thank you for the tea and all of your help." I mumble quietly before taking another sip. He just smiles down at me, ruffling my hair once more.

"That's what I'm here for, Yoongi."