Chapter Seventeen

A/N: Get yo sleep kiddos cause this is what happens when you don't: "Hamilton was doin work like the norm ya know cause thats what all the RESPONSIBLE college kids do is they do the works anthe homework and the yes yes" God please help me I am a slave to my relentless imagination

Hamilton drummed his pencil on the desk, trying to think. His brain seemed fried. Rightfully so, he's been working for two days straight trying to catch up on his schoolwork. Philip started screaming in the other room, and Hamilton groaned. Slowly and painfully, Hamilton slipped out of his seat and to his room, where Philip's cradle was. Hamilton gently lifted Philip from the cradle and rocked him, shushing him quietly. Hamilton grabbed a pacifier from the desk beside the cradle and gave it to Philip. Philip immediately stopped crying and sucked on the pacifier. Hamilton sighed softly and smiled down at Philip. He rocked Philip gently before gently laying him back in the cradle. Hamilton stared at Philip for a few seconds before he went back into the kitchen to finish up his homework.

{}{}{}{}{}

Jefferson woke up to Philip crying early in the morning. He looked at his clock and groaned.

8:05.

That was way too early for Jefferson. He heard Philip stop crying and guessed Hamilton was awake. Slowly, he took his blankets off and swung his legs over his bed. He stretched his arms over his head and yawned before standing and making his way to Hamilton's room.

"Lexi," Jefferson purred, wrapping his arms around Hamilton from behind. Hamilton jumped slightly, not expecting Jefferson. Jefferson started peppering Hamilton with kisses, all along his neck and cheek. Hamilton giggled, turning his head to meet Jefferson's lips. Jefferson smirked into the kiss and pulled away, leaving his hands on Hamilton's hips.

"You know, I don't think we've had a chance to finish that conversation."

"Oh?" Jefferson snaked his way around Hamilton so he was in front of the smaller man holding the baby. "And what conversation would that be?"

"What exactly are we? I mean, we're definitely friends, but you've kissed me and I've kissed you and it's obvious there's something more happening." Hamilton fiddled with Philip's shirt. "I just... wanted to know."

"What do you want us to be?" Jefferson asked, moving slightly closer. He looked down at Philip between them, and back up to Hamilton. God, it was so hard to flirt when there was a baby in the room.

Hamilton must have read Jefferson's mind, because he took a step back and walked over to the crib, gently putting Philip down. "I just... don't know if I want to use a title. After everything that happened with Laurens..."

"You don't have to explain, I understand. If you don't want to use a title, that's fine, but know that I care about you. Whatever you decide, I'll support you." Jefferson smiled down at Hamilton. Hamilton's face was dusted with a light red.

"So... what do we call each other, then?" Hamilton asked.

"Let's just say we're... seeing each other," Jefferson compromised. "We're not official, we're just seeing each other. Okay?"

Hamilton smiled "Okay."

Jefferson smirked and sauntered forwards. Hamilton backed up and ended up getting pinned against the wall by Jefferson. A dark blush spread across his face as he gazed up at Jefferson. "So this means I can kiss you whenever I want, right?"

"I- uh- we-" Hamilton swallowed. "Yes...?"

Jefferson smirked and leaned down, connecting his lips with Hamilton's. Hamilton immediately brought his hands up to Jefferson's back, while Jefferson wrapped his arms around Hamilton's waist. Hamilton deepened the kiss, opening his mouth slightly and slipping his tongue into Jefferson's mouth. Jefferson lifted Hamilton up and Hamilton wrapped his legs around Jefferson's waist, helping stabilize him. Jefferson pulled away from Hamilton's lips and smirked. "You're cute flustered," he murmured against Hamilton's skin. A shiver went down Hamilton's spine as Jefferson kissed Hamilton's neck. Jefferson stopped at a spot and gently bit down, causing Hamilton to moan softly. Jefferson smirked and sucked at that spot.

"T-Tommy-" Hamilton gasped out.  "You're going to leave a mark!" 

"That's the point, darling," Jefferson breathed, trailing down Hamilton's neck. Jefferson kissed along Hamilton's collar bone and fiddled with the bottom of Hamilton's shirt.

Hamilton's hands, which had been traveling Jefferson's back, immediately stopped. "Thomas..."

Jefferson hummed, slipping his hands under Hamilton's shirt slightly and resting them on his hips.

"Thomas... please..." Hamilton shifted slightly, putting his hands on Jefferson's chest by instinct.

Jefferson lifted his head to meet Hamilton's uneasy gaze. "What's wrong?"

"I'm, um..." Hamilton looked down at Jefferson's hands. "I just don't feel very..."

Jefferson followed his gaze. "Oh. Oh!" He set Hamilton down and removed his hands. "I'm sorry, I shouldn't have..." He took a step back, a small blush covering his face. "I'm sorry."

"It's okay, I'm just... not ready for that kind of thing." Hamilton looked down at the ground.

"No, I get it. We'll take it slow, at your pace, okay?"

"Okay." Hamilton smiled at Jefferson, who returned the smile. "I should, uhm... get back to my work..."

"Yeah, that's a good idea. You want breakfast?"

"Absolutely!"