Chapter Twenty

Quick A/N
This is important to my account and writing, so if you're invested in those two things, please read this. If not, enjoy the chapter.

I've been thinking for a bit, and honestly, after I finish Poison, I'm going to stray from Hamilton related things for a bit. I might write one-shots, but I want to focus on my original content. Hamilton has given me the chance to spark my imagination, and Hamilton will always have a special place in my heart, but I'm getting older, and I feel like I'm outgrowing all of this fandom stuff. God, I never imagined when I would say that, I always thought I would be writing Hamilton for the rest of my life because it's so fun, but I realized that it's not the fact that I was writing Hamilton, but it was that I was writing in general. Don't get me wrong, Hamilton is so fun and I love the fandom and y'all to death !! It's just that I want to write for myself, to make a career out of my writings. I can't really publish Hamilton fanfics and claim it as "original content", that's not how the world works. I know that on Wattpad, fanfics are sort of encouraged and stuff, but honestly, I want to create my own worlds and characters universes and situations that characters struggle in. I want to create something that a kid will read and it will change their whole world and inspire them to write, like so many books have done for me. Hamilton has honestly changed my life, and I am forever thankful to Lin-Manuel Miranda, Andy Blankenbuehler, Alex Lacamoire and Thomas Kail, but my time in the Hamilton fandom is coming to an end.

Crystallized is a book I have been working on since, I want to say since 6th grade, and now that I have finally started to bring it to life, I realized that I love writing it a little bit more than writing Hamilton, only because these characters I'm making are my own and I can actually claim them as mine and show my friends and be proud of myself for my work. I'll be honest, I'm very self conscious of my writing, I'm self conscious of everything I do, but Crystallized is the first form of art that I created that, once finished, I feel like I would be proud to show my friends. 

To everyone who has made it this far; thank you. Thank you so much. To those that have been with me since day one of my magical Hamilton fanfic journey; thank you for all the encouragement. Every single vote, comment, and even every view has made me so eager to write more and more for you, and it's that encouragement that has made me love writing even more. To those of you that have read Crystallized so far; thank you. If you like it, please share it with others and spread the word, and that would mean the world and more to me. To those who are going to stick with me even after I stop writing Hamilton; thank you. You cannot understand how hard this break will be for me, and how I will miss Hamilton so much, but how this break is so important for my writing to progress.

If you're concerned about my other AU's, those I have and have not finished/published, like my Agent AU, I was thinking of reviving them with completely new, original characters. I honestly would love to hear y'all's opinions on this, especially about the revival of these books. If you have any questions/comments/concerns, just leave a comment or message me.

Thank you so much for understanding, and I hope you enjoy the chapter.

Hamilton jumped up. "What do you mean!? What do you mean Philip is gone!?"

"Oh my god. Oh my god," Eliza repeated, her eyes widening. "What do we do?"

"I'm going to hunt down that crazy son of a bi-"

"Let's rationalize," Peggy said, cutting off Jefferson.

"No, Thomas is onto something," Angelica defended. "Who are we hunting down?"

"Laurens," Jefferson growled. 

"Guys," Peggy said. "Rationalize. He stole a baby he has no custody over. That's some major jail time."

"He also wasn't denied custody over Philip," Hamilton countered.

"But he broke into a dorm. That's still jail time."

"Less talking, more hunting," Angelica demanded, grabbing a kitchen knife. 

"Angie no!" Eliza gasped.

"Angie yes!" Jefferson encouraged.

"Fine, whatever," Eliza grumbled, "but Peggy and I are going to see Laf at the hospital. We're not getting caught up in a man-hunt that will send us to jail."

Everyone at once seemed to look at Hamilton. "I want my baby back," he whispered, crossing his arms and gripping his biceps tightly.

"Then Alex will come with us," Jefferson said, translating for Alex. "Ask Laf if he wants to press charges against Laurens. If he does, then I'll take Alex down to the police, and when we do find Laurens, he will get locked away for a long time."

"Deal," Peggy said, a small, evil smile on her face. "Let's get him locked up where he can never hurt another person again."

Sorry the chapter was a little short, I want this to be a prep chapter before the big finale at the end. Also the announcement at the top messed with the word counter so at the moment I'm at 897, which normally I write chapters by words rather than by content haha whoops. Anyways, bye for now :)