~ Chapter 5 ~

Armana didn't see that she had any other choice. If she wanted her team to win, she would have to stay up as long as possible until there was no one else awake. At least on the other team.

Intervene:
Armana, 16
>It's like that boy has been latched onto me since I don't know, a day we've been here. *sighs* What do I got to lose?<

"Well, if it's really to kill the suspense, I guess I could let you in on a little backstory. What would you like to know?" Armana questions, a bit for him to mind there'd be limitations to his curiosity.
"I don't care, anything really." Duncan shrugs, freely tempted.
"Okay, he's not holding us bondage, so I guess it's okay to walk around–just if you don't fall asleep. Yeah?" Armana looks at Chris, who shrugs.
"It'll be midnight in five hours, you have to be back by then or else you'll immediately be counted for falling asleep and losing your team points." He warns.
"Oh we won't be out for that long, we'll be back by then." Armana tells Chris, while everyone else began to have thrills what the two would be up to.
"Lead the way m'lady." The two teens smile at each other, taking an answer by Chris's silence.

Armana decided it would be enjoyable to walk around the lake, regarding its long distance, it would do a lot to have some movement in their muscles.

"I'm waiting." Duncan says full of tease and expectancy.
"Okay, okay," Armana chuckles at being rushed. "Me and my family, we don't live in Canada, in fact we're just here on vacation for the summer."

Duncan felt a bit disappointed, thinking of the fact that if Armana were to be kicked off, he may never see her again.

"So then, where do you normally live?" He asks, trying to hide any mushiness.
"In Milwaukee, it's a big city in the state Wisconsin, ya know in America...the United States."
"Oh, how is it there?" He's curious.
"Eh, it's really not that special. America's dairyland, we have all four seasons–can get really cold during the winter. There's a lot of roadwork, the crime rates are really high, especially in Milwaukee. Living the dream, notice the sarcasm."

Armana knew she wasn't being the best representative for her native, especially since there wasn't many things famed around it. But she knew people who lived there had to admit they'd rather be somewhere more...prestigious. She wouldn't hear someone happily say, Hey, let's go to Wisconsin.

"So then," Duncan's voice breaks her out of her daze. "Why did you want to be on a TV show?"
"Mm, well, it's kind of obvious to us all that we want $100,000, but more on the point, I wanted to help my family. My mom owns this boutique, it's having some progress, some of her co-workers are a fan. Me and my dad are selling a lot of artwork, so we make some money from that. My brothers are...just my brothers. So I guess I'm just trying to win for the sake of the money." She explains.
"Huh, I didn't know you draw, or at least I haven't been seeing you do it."

Armana nods, which is why Duncan finds being intrigued can lead to the best acknowledgement. A smile rose on his face.

"What type of stuff do you draw?" He asks, and it must've been personal when he sees the girl suddenly turning shy.
"Well, it depends really. I like drawing from fictional sources, like cartoons or anime, to reality so it could possibly balance out how I anatomically proportion things." She slowly answers.
"That's a big word."
Armana rolls her eyes.
"It has a thing to do with the body structure of something." She deadpans.
"You know so much." Duncan chuckles.

She sighs, deciding to kneel by the water to cup it with both of her hands and bring it to her face.

"What're you doing?" Duncan watches her.
"Putting water on my face. It always messes up someone's sleep. See, try it." She smiles to try and influence him.