~ Chapter 13 ~

"Well Killer Bass, due to Duncan being able to face his fear with hugging Celine Dion, he wins you another point. Which at the moment marks you tied with the Screaming Gophers."

Another cheer emitted from the team, curious as to who the next person would be.

"Well I'm glad that's over." Duncan sighed, greatly appreciative.
Armana laughs, "Oh yeah? Don't tell me you'll be freaking out like that just seeing cardboard."
"Wha–hey, she looks completely different from some random cardboard box. I mean–look at her. It's creepy how she just stares at you and shit." He professes.

Armana smiles and nods.

"I guess you have a point. There was one time when I was younger, I went out on a field trip to the movie theaters. When we went there, there was another new movie—a zombie movie–and they were kinda the same with the promotion of cardboard cut out things. I was creeped out how one of the zombies looked and I couldn't stop turning my head from the movie screen to check if one of them was there." She informs him.
"Yeah? Were they known to sneak up on you or something?" Duncan asks her.
"No, it was just me about to crap my pants."

She evokes a laugh from him, the spontaneous sound filling in the silence with walking to their next destination. Armana thought about the others, such as Trent, Cody, Gwen or Bridgette. She wasn't sure about Bridgette standing sane for the point of time being alone in the woods, Cody and his skills with deactivation, or how much air Gwen still had being underground–thus far, Chris was killing her.

"Hey, you okay?" Duncan breaks Armana out of her trance.
"Oh yeah–yeah I'm fine." She says, dispelling his concern with a smile.
He smiles in return.
"You seem to be thinking a lot." He claims.
Armana giggles, "That's because I am."
"What about?"
She shook her head, dismissive, "Nothing but how chaotic today is."
"I can agree, I'm bored now."

Armana laughs, surprising Duncan with her sudden perception of humor.

"What?" He questions.
"It's just funny. You were all psyched and scared on this thing and I guess since that held you up until it was your turn, you're just not seeing any point of anything anymore." She interpreted.
"Hm I guess so. And I wasn't scared, I was just creeped out by that bizarreness of a woman."
Armana shakes her head still in the chain of laughter, "Sure Duncan, you were shaking in your shoes."

The day continued with the pleasure of horror. Geoff had been pelted with hail, Jojo had sung for a mimic concert for Rihanna–of course still on the island, Tyler practically failed sitting in a pen with chickens and it lastly came down to Armana and Courtney.

"Actually, if you do the math you can't possibly win: the score's 7 to 3." Cody says, presenting his calculator.
"Not necessarily," Chris answers to Cody. "We have two more challenges still set up."

Armana suspected Courtney, as she did last night at the campfire when the girl nearly lost her shit from an offer of jelly.

"Who," Courtney felt the silence pressuring on her. "It can't be me...but I didn't.."
"You didn't have to. We're always watching you and your reactions." Chris confesses.
"Ha, I knew something was up Courtney." Armana had stayed concerned, a surge of confidence with being on the right mindset.
"Oh who cares? It's not gonna make a difference." Courtney dismissed.
"Let's make this interesting then,"
Chris proposes. "I'll give both of you girls triple points if you can complete your challenge."
"Okay hit me." Armana shrugs.

The teens watched as chef mixed a huge tub of green jello.

"Courtney, you can face your fear and dive straight into this pool of jelly." Chris announces.
"As for you Armana," Chris says, Duncan tauntingly leaning his elbow on the girl's shoulder. "I couldn't wait to get to you."
"The suspense is killing me." She sarcastically mentions.
Chris chuckles, "Your fear...it was a bit difficult to think what type of challenge could go with it. But for the assessment, I got it! You'll have to date Duncan for the rest of the day."