TWO

Frat parties.

The kind that just messes up your virginity and everything you could possibly imagine. But who says I'm even going to be involved in those parties?

However, there were way too many drunkards everywhere to avoid. I had to duck under arms that were raised to celebrate something and moved away from girls that already had boyfriends who were those aggresive kind. I finally reached the library.

I let out a breath of relief. I saw a few eyes watching me because I was leaning on the doors like I just escaped from a zombie apocalypse happening outside. I kept my head down as I quickly looked around for a seat.

I saw Louis sitting alone, mouthing words while staring a bunch of papers. He was obviously acting out whatever scene he was assigned to.

"Hey," I whispered as I made my way to the beanbag next to him.

"Yeah, hey." He didn't look at me and his eyes were concentrated on his script. I peeked a little.

"Hey!" he hissed, covering the script immediately. He glared at me.

I held my hands up defensively. Then, I smirked. "Now that's a proper reply to my 'Hey'." He rolled his eyes and went back to his work.

I frowned. "But what's with the big get up?"

"It's a play." He does this weird thing with his fingers. "Acting club only."

I stifled a laugh. As much as it looked like he was kidding me with the sign but it seemed legit somehow.

I took out my laptop from my bag and set it on my lap. I switched it on. From the corner of my eye, I noticed this girl watching me from a table that was a few feet from where we were at. She had shoulder-length blonde hair. She looked quite pretty. I didn't dare to look directly at her lest the awkwardness.

"Pssst, Louis."

"What?" His voice was loud for a few people to shush him. He let out an irritated sigh and mumbled something.

"What do you want?" he asked again, this time, softer.

"Is that blondie looking at me?" I whispered.

He looked in her direction. He had a cheeky smile. "Maybe."

"Yes or no?"

"Why do you even bother?"

"Because." I couldn't exactly find a reason but it felt like I just needed to know. I sighed. "Because she's pretty, okay? And pretty girls don't usually look at me that way."

"Uh-huh." He still had that smug look on his face. "She looked away when I met her eyes."

"Thanks."

He waved it off like it was nothing and resumed his animated rehearsal with himself. I stared blankly at my computer screen. She was looking again.

Why is she still staring at me?

I was itching to look at her. Concentrate, Styles. You need to do your work without getting distracted just because this girl has her eyes on you. This pretty girl.

I shook my head and opened a new document. I started writing and soon, I was too distracted by my train of thoughts to even bother about her watching me.

"It's hard to work with that girl watching you like that. It's making me feel like she has some kind of problem. Or obsessive type of illness or something." His nose wrinkled.

"Well, what can we do?" This time, I was too concentrated on my work to have a proper conversation.

"Oh, so this is my problem? You got that chick staring at you while you're just gonna sit here and do your bloody work? Don't you find it the least bit creepy now?"

"If I concentrate... No."

He sighed and got up. I panicked and gripped onto his wrist. "What the hell do you think you are doing?"

"Gorge her eyes out."

I gave him a disgusted look.

He rolled his eyes. "Of course not. Do you think I'm some kind of psycho who has an eyeball collection? I'm going to ask her why is she all up on you."

"But..." I was at a loss of words again.

"But what?" He tapped his foot impatiently. I still had no answer. "Oh c'mon, it's not that bad." He yanked my hand off his.

Fuck you, Louis. Why do you have to make things so difficult? I put my laptop down and followed behind him. I noticed that she was "reading" the book she had.

"Hello," Louis said.

She looked up. "Er... hi..." Her eyes trailed to mine. That sense of recognition. That sparkle. Do I even know her...?

Louis stood between us and our connection was lost. "Is there something you need from this guy? His virginity, perhaps?"

I smacked Louis' back. He winced.

Our eyes met again.

"Don't you remember me, Harry?" she whispered.

I frowned. Nope. No blondie ever in my life. I shook my head.

Louis' eyes widened. "Well, this is bad."

-

hi.

told you this may or may not be a sequel to "babysitter // haylor" c:

vote.comment.follow

Instagram:

@fairytal.e

Twitter:

@unnxticed