NINETEEN

Harry's POV

I opened my eyes and took a deep breath like I wasn't breathing at all while I was out. Even though my eyes were wide open, it felt like they weren't because everything was pitch black. I raised my arms. I couldn't even see them at all.

"Never expected your best friend to bring you to me, didn't you?"

His voice was just like how I have imagined it. Rylie... My character from my very own story... Alive. I had the power to create life.

"You know that I can actually read your thoughts, don't you?" He laughed.

I bit my lip.

He continued laughing which made me feel like I said something wrong. Did I?

"Yes you did, Harry." His laughter started subsiding. "You really think you created me just by writing a stupid story?"

"Well, yeah..." Didn't I?

He laughed again but this time, the duration of his laughter was shorter than before. "You really don't remember, do you?" His voice then turned menacing. "You did this to me. You got me banished."

"Wha... What? What did I do?" I was confused.

"You framed me for something you did wrong in heaven and made Smith banish me to the human realm to become a fallen angel."

"Do you know how much it hurts to be a fallen angel? Your wings slowly turning black like it's rotting. Then, they start to fall off. A part of you start to fall off you, one by one and I had to experience excruciating pain everyday. Do you think it's easy? It never was. I held this grudge against you ever since and swore that I will seek vengeance and look." He let out an evil laugh. "I have you right where I want you. Under the palm of my hands."

"How could I possibly remember all that?"

"Well, you should."

I felt something crawl up the back of my legs, then up my spine. Before I knew it, something pierced through the back of my neck and I threw my head back when I felt the pain instantly.

Memories hit me like a tsunami filled with pictures, dialogues and so much more.

I was standing on a cloud. Wait what? I saw myself and Rylie together at the edge of it, looking down. Their backs were facing me. Everything seemed so unreal and faded. Like a memory.

"It's so boring to keep watching over the same old person everyday, doing the same thing," I heard myself said to Rylie. His back view was enough to make me think that he was exactly how I imagined he would look like. Dark hair, messy and long.

"I know right. But too bad the head asked us both to take care of this one person." His voice reverbrated through my skull. It was like a familiar voice that I have never actually heard before.

"Why is that so anyways? Is he that accident prone?"

"I'm not so sure. He looks like a kind of person that can take care of himself. I mean, he barely got a scratch on him ever since we were watching over him."

I was curious to move closer to see whoever they were talking about so I took a careful step forward. I was afraid that I would fall through the clouds and to my death. But I was safe. I then gingerly advanced towards Rylie's side. I stood a safe distance away from him. It was the world being zoomed in to just this one person like he was the main character of the show we were currently watching.

"Let's play a game," the angel me suggested to Rylie.

"Sure, whatever."

"I dare you to go down to the human realm."

"That's against the code, Harry. You can't possibly make me do the impossible."

"But it's so boring staying up here. Don't you ever wonder what could be down there?"

"We were all down there before but the thing is we just don't remember it. They erase our memories of what we had so we start afresh, pure as ever, just like how angels should be."

"But don't you want to experience it all over again?"

"That's when we resurrect. Our time will come."

"Just go down, if not I will tell Valerie that you have a crush on her."

"No, don't!"

Yes, please don't.

"Valerie!" the angel me started to calling out.

I looked up and saw many other clouds before us. I saw a girl standing alone on a cloud. She was paying attention to whoever she was protecting, unaware of me calling her.

"Okay, okay! I will do it."

I watched as Rylie gave a look down hesitantly.

"Well, go on!" the angel me urged.

Rylie's wings then spread wide and I moved back away from them. No... I really am... I really am the cause of it. His feet left the ground and moved gradually forward.

"What do you think you are doing?" I heard someone yell from behind. It sounded so familiar. The three of us whipped our heads around to face whoever yelled at us.

Professor Smith.

"Rylie John Palling, what do you think you were going to do?" he yelled, moving towards the duo. My eyes followed him. Then, they gradually landed on Rylie. His facial features were just like how I imagined it: hazel eyes, defined jawline and cheekbones as if they were carved perfectly on his face and thin pink lips. Lips which were quivering with fear.

"I... Er..." Rylie glanced at the angel me for help. However, I was looking down. Oh god no.

"Were you attempting to descend to the human realm?"

"No, sir. It was Harry. We were bored so he suggested a game and I agreed to it."

"You agreed?"

Rylie was finding his words, hoping to find something to help himself get out of trouble.

"I will help you on your trip to the human realm, how about that?"

"Rylie, you are therefore banished from the heavenly realms."

I watched as Rylie pleaded for mercy while the angel me just stood there, eyes scrunched shut and looking down. Professor Smith wouldn't budge. Rylie gave me one last look. One filled with anger and hatred. Light began engulfing him. Then, rays of light started shooting in every direction, blinding me.

Just like that, everything came back to pitch black darkness, where I was before. I was breathing heavily. I couldn't believe it.

I was the one who got him banished.

It was all my fault.

-

sorry for not updating as often. i was having a slight writer's block. hopefully, this chapter isn't too confusing because i'm really tired right now so it might seem a bit craycray. kaybYE I LOVE YOUUUU♡

vote.comment.follow

Instagram:

@wcndrland

Twitter:

@unnxticed