TEN

"So that's Taylor?" Camila asked, after Professor Smith ended the lesson.

"Yeah. That's her name, for the third time." I sighed. I leant back on my chair and shut my eyes.

"Wow... She's... Gorgeous." I heard her say like she was breathless.

I opened an eye and looked at her. "Would you go lesbian for her?" I asked cheekily. I couldn't help but smile.

"Yea---" She frowned and glared at me. "What?! What the fuck, Harry!" She smacked my arm. I laughed.

I felt someone ruffle my hair. I sat up straight and turned around to see Kenneth chuckling. "'Sup."

"Hi..." I said, trying to keep my cool.

"Seems like we got off on a bad start yesterday."

Oh, no, no. It was a really good one where you stare at me like I'm your prey and you are going to eat me up if I lay a finger on Taylor.

"I'm Kenneth, Kenneth Green." He held a hand out for me to shake it. I shook it. He didn't seem like that bad a guy after all. But maybe he's just being nice because people are watching. Taylor gave me a smile.

"We too started off on a bad start so... Hi, I'm Taylor, Taylor Swift." We exchanged handshakes.

As Camila was introducing herself to Taylor and Kenneth, I spotted Natalie sitting at the very back of the hall, reading a book which was covering her face. She kind of reminded of me when I was in middle school.

"Seems like you all know each other by now." Professor Smith walked up the stairs towards our row of seats. He stopped and looked up.

"Natalie!" he called.

We all turned to look at her. She put down her book. She realised we were looking at her. She frantically grabbed her bag and found her way to where we were. She didn't have any idea where to sit. I told Camila to move in so she could sit next to me. She looked down and awkwardly sat down next to me.

"Now that we are all here." He clapped his hands together. "I would like to start off by saying how proud I am to be choosing each and every one of you to join the journalism team for the college newspaper."

"Lesser and lesser students are interested in writing nowadays. Only reading. As you can tell from the number of students in the class. It's beginning to reduce, sadly. So are the number of members in the journalism team. Therefore, to feed the hunger of the readers, we need writers like all of you..." He glanced at us, satisfied. "To fulfil this task. The journalism team has asked me to make a team of five and this group would go around, finding gossips around the school. You would be like paparazzis, making the students in this school the stars."

"Now, recently, we have received reports of certain ghostly figures roaming in a few of the dorm rooms." I bit my bottom lip nervously.

Professor Smith looked at me, concerned. "Are you okay, Harry?"

"Um, yeah. I... Yeah." I forced a smile to assure him.

"Okay..." He went back to his briefing. "The team would like you guys to investigate what this is all about and write a report on it. You guys can decide who should be the photographer, editor and main author of the report." He gave us a smile. "I'm going to let you guys plan it out for today yourselves at the library or maybe someone's dorm room. There is another lesson I have to attend to so goodbye."

We all bade him farewell and left the lecture hall in a group.

"That sounds pretty cool," Kenneth said.

"Creepy actually." Camila shivered.

"So where do we go?" I asked them, stopping them so we could all decide before heading towards a specific direction.

"Library," Taylor suggested.

We all agreed. Natalie was still being really quiet and staring at the ground. I frowned. "Are you okay, Natalie?"

She looked up. I noticed how green her eyes were and how frightened they seem. She had freckles on both of her cheeks and her dark brown, almost black, hair was tied messily into a ponytail.

"Y... Yeah... I'm okay..." I heard her mumble a soft yet audible "I guess" under her breath.

"Would you like to go to the library or someone's dorm room?" I asked politely for her opinion so she doesn't get left out.

"Library," she said softly.

"Let's go then!" Kenneth said excitedly.

Natalie trailed behind the four of us. I occassionally turned back to see if she was still there.

"Are you interested in her?" Taylor asked, smirking.

"What? What the hell! No!" I exclaimed, my cheeks somehow turning red.

"Ooo... Someone's blushing!" Kenneth laughed.

"I just want to see if she's still there. She's so left out."

"I'll keep her company," Camila volunteered.

Camila skipped to the back and started talking to her. She kept her head low but they seemed to having a pretty good conversation.

"So kiddo, you seem to know something about the ghost thing, right?" Kenneth hung his arm on my shoulder as we walked side by side. I caught a glimpse of Taylor who was looking forward, while walking next to Kenneth. Kenneth moved his head so he was blocking my view. He still had that stupid smile on his face.

"Um, I guess you can say that."

"Is it like those scary kind? Like demonic type?" This time, he looked kind of serious.

"No... It's like a human..."

He frowned. Then, he smiled again like he shook off that thought that made him frown. "Sounds interesting!"

"Yup."

But not as interesting as why you are so interested in this matter...

-

YAYY EXAMS ARE FINALLY OVER!

I CAN UPDATE DAILY i hope lol.

IM SO GLAD YOU GUYS ENJOY THE STORY! I LOVE YOU ALL ♡

ps. sorry for making them swear a lot. :(

vote.comment.follow

Instagram:
@fairytal.e

Twitter:
@unnxticed