FIVE

"That wasn't half bad, Styles." Camila folded her arms across her chest. We were standing outside the lecture hall because I wanted to scold her for letting me read it.

"Yeah, thanks." I rolled my eyes. "Thanks for making me read the whole passage to a bunch of people I hardly got to know."

"I saw you staring at this girl though." She smirked and nudged me repeatedly.

My cheeks burnt up. "What? I have no idea what the hell you are talking about."

She laughed. "Someone's blushing." Her attention was diverted to something or someone behind. "Ooo, looks like she's out."

I turned around to see Taylor walking out alone, hugging a bunch of books tightly to her chest. The boy she was partner with was nowhere to be seen. Taylor gradually stopped walking and she turned to look at us. I didn't smile. I didn't say anything. I just stood there, staring right back into her ocean blue eyes.

"Hi...?" she said. "How can I help you?"

I was searching for any sense of recognition in her voice or even in her eyes. Nothing. How can she not remember me now? Is this amnesia thing spreading like a disease or something?

"You help him by asking him out," I heard Camila whispered and then she giggled softly behind. I kept my cool and told Taylor, "Nothing really. It's just..."

She glanced at me, expecting me to continue what I was meaning to say. "Yes...?"

"It's just... Don't you remember me from last night?"

"OOOHHHH!" Camila exclaimed. I whipped my head around to glare at her. She stuffed her fist into her mouth, holding back her laughter. I took a deep breath and turned back to face Taylor again.

"Last night...? I don't. I'm so sorry. Maybe you got the wrong girl?" She was smiling nervously. Shit. I freaked her out. Shit. Shit. Shit.

I bit my lip. "Sorry... Maybe I did." She mumbled a "Goodbye." I scratched the back of my neck as I watched her speed off to her next destination.

Camila smacked my back. I winced and frowned at her. "What was that for?" She opened her mouth to speak but I interrupted.

"First, you made me get involved in your little shouting session. Then, you made me read a passage to the class. Which fortunately, went well. Now, you make unnecessary sounds like you understand what the fuck is happening when you clearly don't. Maybe this is why you are alone. Maybe that's why you don't have any friends and could only partner with me. Unlucky me."

Her cheeky grin faded into a face filled with guilt and disappointment. I realised what I just told her was really mean. I hate when I get too angry. I just fuck things up, like now. What a good way to start your second day at college.

"I'm so sorry..." I said, putting a hand on her shoulder.

She shook it off and walked past me, her shoulder purposely hitting into mine. My eyes followed her as she walked. She turned to say, "I do have friends. Probably more than you do." With that, she looked away and she continued her walk back to wherever she was going.

Good job, Styles. You confused a blonde with another blonde and angered a brunette. What's next? Getting accused for bullying a red-haired chick.

I glanced around, praying that my thoughts wouldn't come true. Then, I rushed back to the building where my dorm was.

-

Suddenly, I felt breaths tickling my left cheek. I turned and Louis was standing there, staring at my laptop screen.

"What the hell!" I yelled and slammed my laptop shut.

"It looks pretty good, ya know."

"Yeah but not when I'm distracted by someone who has been standing there for god knows how long!"

"Calm down, man. It's just a story." He took out his bag and sat down on his bed, whipping out his phone.

I swivelled in my chair until I was facing him. "It's not just a story, Lou." I sighed. "It's my life."

"Woah, what's with all this sudden sentimental shiz when you were so angry just now?"

"I don't know..."

"So that girl from last night... I nearly bumped into her because she seemed to be rushing off somewhere." He looked up from his typing. "I managed to stop her to say hi but she just gave me this weird stare and an uncertain smile before walking away while muttering something like 'What is up with guys I don't even remember know me?' So I'm guessing, she met you...?"

I didn't want to remember that. I had to update a chapter of my story so it would distract me from thinking too much into the reasons why she wouldn't remember me and how much of a dumbass I was to make Camila angry.

"Yeah... She doesn't look the same somehow."

He raised an eyebrow.

"It's weird. You know, like, when we first met, I kind of remembered her but not really. Kinda like we had this connection, somehow. But today, it felt like the connection just broke."

"Wha..." Louis had this majorly confused look on him.

"It's complicated, okay?"

"Oh, and I bumped into this really cute brunette."

Camila.

"She dropped her bunch of books so I helped her and I kinda walked her back to her dorm. Turns out she lives near here." He gave me a cheeky grin.

I returned it. "That's great. Now, I can spend more time alone and drown in my own world of words."

-

YAY. UPDATE. I LOVE Y'ALL.

so close to 100 votes! :D

vote.comment.follow

Instagram:

@fairytal.e

Twitter:

@unnxticed