Chapter 13

"Emmy, what's going on?"

She looked up from her position at the girl's bedside as they entered, Newt, Minho and Thomas coming over, standing nearby.

"What's the matter with her? Why won't she wake up?"

Emma shook her head. "In all honesty I don't know. She should be fine, but she's just...." she gestured towards the girl's body, a little frustrated.

Newt turned to Thomas. "Do you recognize her?"

"No," Thomas said, eyes on the girl.

"Really? Because she seemed to recognize you," he said, exchanging a look with Minho.

"Newt....." Emma started. He shook his head, knowing what she was trying to say.

She gave him a somewhat irritated look. "Her simply knowing his name couldn't mean anything for all we know."

Newt sighed, trying to not roll his eyes at her. The pair engaged in a brief, ten second silent argument before Emma huffed in mild annoyance, the issue apparently over and leaving everyone else except Minho confused.

"What about the note?" Thomas asked, puzzled, eyes flicking between them, wondering what he'd missed.

"We'll worry about the note later," Newt brushed him off.

"I think you should worry about it now." Thomas insisted.
Emma raised an eyebrow, only a little surprised at his boldness, but then again, it was Thomas.

"We've got enough to deal with at the moment."

Jeff interrupted them. "He's right, Newt. If the Box isn't coming back up, how long do you think we can last?"

 If the Box isn't coming back up, how long do you think we can last?"

"No one said that," Newt said, moving a shoulder.
"Let's not jump to any conclusions."

He glanced down at the girl's motionless form.
"We'll just........wait until she wakes up, and see what she knows. Somebody has got to have some answers around here."

" 'Kay." Thomas went as if to leave.

Newt turned. "Where are you going?"

"Back into the maze," Thomas said as he walked out of the hut.

Newt shared a mildly exasperated look with Emma and Minho that said it all.

Seriously? 

The trio seemed to say, before Newt tipped his head towards the doorway, Minho nodding before following the jacked up greenie outside.

Emma stood, going past Newt as she went to check on Alby, who was tied down on the cot in the other room, whimpering and twitching.
She pulled her bottom lip in, biting it slightly as she delicately applied her medicinal cocktail to the sting on his stomach.