Chapter 19

In that moment nothing else had really seemed to matter, and Emma had remembered wishing it could just last forever.

After the recent traumas she had experienced, it was heaven.
But, unfortunately, their peace was only temporary.

Followed by Rick and Grant, Gally emerged from the stinging haze of smoke, not too long after Emma's appearance, and the first thing he did was swing his fist right into Thomas's face.

"Whoa! Whoa! Come on!"

"Hey!"

Immediately Winston, Frypan, Newt and Emma leapt into action, restraining Gally who fought against them, screaming all the while.

"This is all you, Thomas! Look around!" He screamed, face redder and angrier than Emma had ever seen him.

"Back off! Back off, Gally! It's not Thomas' fault!" Winston snapped, still trying to pin his arms.

"You heard what Alby said! He's one of them!"

"One of who?!" Newt shouted, a vein in his temple pulsing.

Gally didn't answer, just continued screaming at Thomas, still trying to fight off the others who were holding him back. "He's one of them, and they sent him here to destroy everything, and now he has! Look around, Thomas! Look around! This is your fault!"

"Back off, Gally! This is not Thomas' fault!" Winston shoved him back a few steps, gripping his upper arms tighter as the Builder thrashed.

"What are you talking about?!" Jack asked, but no one was listening to him.

"Calm down!" Frypan urged, but Gally was far too angry to pay any attention or listen, to him or anyone else.

"They sent him here, and now he's destroyed everything that we've built!"

"What are you talking about?!" Jack yelled at no one in particular,  exasperated that nobody was giving him any answers.

Glaring at Gally, something like cold, but fiery rage began boiling up in the pit of Emma's stomach.
Now wasn't the time though. Later.

But then Teresa was screaming, and it was almost in slow motion that Emma and the others turned, rushing to Thomas's side as he collapsed, the griever stinger embedded in his leg.

The shucking idiot had stabbed himself with it.

"Chuck get the other syringe!" Teresa called out desperately as Thomas began to switch and groan, eyes moving beneath closed lids.

"I'm coming with you," Emma began getting up from where she had collapsed/knelt by Thomas's side, but a searing pain lanced up her foot, reminding her of her injury. She drew in a pained gasp through clenched teeth.

A hand was on her shoulder.
It was Minho.
"Its okay, I'll go with him."

"Thank you, Minho."

"Be careful shank," Emma told him.

Minho nodded before he running in the direction of the Medhut with Chuck.

Stupid shuckface, what was he thinking?!
If Thomas wasn't already unconscious, Emma would've seriously considered making him so for the foolish idea.

But, she guess could understand why he had done it, at least in part.
She wondered if Thomas would find the answers he was seeking in the few memories that may or may not return during this process, as shown with Alby and Ben, and the others who had gotten stung before.