Lex x Kinessa

REQUESTED BY @QueenaUwU

STORYLINE BY QueenaUwU

A/N: man i made this sad, i think im gonna cry-

Lex was packing up a package for Kinessa, who had had his baby, Atlas, a few weeks ago.

He put a gift box in the package, wrapping it with the blue blankets for Atlas.

I hope Kinessa finds this..

Lex thought, as he left a handwritten note in the box.

The note read:

Dear Sniper Girl,

I love you so much, more than you could ever imagine. Our son Atlas is beautiful, and I really wish I could stay with you guys, but you know how things are. The Magistrate is completely shutting everyone out that isn't on their side, and you're neutral... The Magistrate would harm you and Atlas for sure, and I don't think I'd be able to live with myself if they did. I am afraid that we might end up never seeing each other, but... 

I'll say it again: I love you so much, and I could never find someone as special as you. But if I am to keep you guys safe, I must leave you guys alone.

When I meet you today, please understand that it'll be the last time we meet.

Love,

Your Judge

Lex felt his chest hurt, the pain almost making him cry, but he tried smiling through it.

"It's for the best."

He said softly to himself, and a partner of his had entered the room.

"Oh, hey, Lex! You're up early. Looking for Androxus again?"

Lex hastily taped up the package, and tucked it into his coat.

"No, I have my eyes on a different target this time."

"Ah, okay. I understand. See you later!"

"Yeah."

Lex made his way out of the building, feeling the cold winter wind bite at his face.

He trudged through the snow, and finally made it to the house that Kinessa was staying at. He rang the door bell, and a tired looking Kinessa opened the door.

"Who is it- Oh, it's you Lex!"

Kinessa instantly perked up when she realized it was her husband, Lex.

"Hey, Kinessa. I have a package for you."

He said, trying not to get distracted by the soft scent of Kinessa. 

He had to try and not get attached to her again, especially because of the fact that he planning to distance himself for the sake of her and Atlas.

He held out the package to her, and she took it.

"Aw, thanks, Lex!"

She said cutely.

Kinessa stepped aside, and let Lex in.

"Atlas is sleeping, but I'm sure when he wakes up he'll be thrilled to see that his father is here."

She said happily, shutting the door behind Lex.

"Yeah..."

Lex said.

They sat down in the living room, and Kinessa opened the package, immediately spotting the note and opening it.

Lex gulped as he watched Kinessa's facial expression get sadder and sadder as she read down the letter.

"Lex.. You..."

She looked up at him, and Lex was shocked when he realized she had started to cry.

"Lex.. I love you... Please don't leave us... Atlas... He needs you! And I need you...!"

Kinessa cried, and Lex felt his heart breaking as he said,

"I'm sorry, it's for the best. I don't want them to harm you too."

He stood up, and turned away, trying to ignore Kinessa's sniffles.

"I'm sorry."

He repeated, and opened the door.

He walked outside, and tears starting to flow from his eyes when he heard Kinessa calling after him.

"Please, Lex! I need you! We need you!"