A Missing Skellington

It takes awhile until she can wrack up the nerve. Days of relentless chores, scrubbing, cooking, and sewing. She's been fighting off the thought every day since her last encounter with Jack. The last time she remembers being truly happy - away from the work and demands she has to face here. And it's those thoughts that cause her to cave in.

She decides to add a cup of Deadly Nightshade into one of the Doctor's lunches, being he was in a good mood and it was easy to do. When she gives it to him, he gulps it down easily, compliments that her cooking skills are getting better, and then faints right on the spot. She opens a nearby pantry to take an extra blanket off of one of the shelves, unfolding it and neatly draping it over Finklestein's unconscious body. Then she leaves for the town through the front door.

The sight of the Skellington Manor looming over the town fills her heart with hope.

-----------------

She feels completely out of place. She can't find any familiar faces in the crowds, and some of them are giving her odd looks. The fact is as clear as day -- she's lost. She decides to find somewhere she can at least feel at home, or in a better one...Maybe there is a seamstress shop somewhere?

Before she can search for one, she stumbles upon a store. If she recalls correctly, this is the same place Jack recommended to her during their tour. The doors are wide open this time. She goes straight in and is greeted right away with various potions - the liquids inside of them sparking, fizzing, or even fogging. She's too busy marveling at these that she doesn't notice a figure come from behind her.

"Welcome to 'Witches' Goods'!" A voice booms. "Feel free to take a look around!"

She turns around but finds no one. Someone taps her knee and when she looks down, she finds a very small witch looking back at her. She has a big wart on the end of her long, green nose and has messy black hair that was tied back in a ponytail, all while wearing a signature witch's hat.

"Say..." The witch eyes her. "Haven't I seen you around with Jack before?"

She's unsure how to reply, and awkwardly fiddles with her hands. "You might have?"

They're both cut off by someone riding a broom between them. A lady jumps off and lands beside the other witch. This one has white, ruffled hair and is much taller. She has, not one, but three warts on the end of her nose. The figure takes a step forward and inspects her, making her get flustered and take a step back.

"You're right, Zeldaborne! This is the girl who Jack spent all day with, don't you remember?" She nudges the witch gently. "What is it? Susan?"

"It's Sally." She corrects.

"Well, Sally, I just wonder what business you had to have to spend that long with our King." She jabs a finger accusingly in her direction. "He doesn't give just anyone that much attention, you know!"

"Oh, he was just giving me a tour...of-of the town. Because I'm new."

Zeldaborne smacks a hand to her forehead. "Oh, that's RIGHT! You must be the Doctor's new creation. That explains the new face."

"Indeed it does, sister!" Helgamine replaces her accusing attitude with a welcoming smile. "We welcome you to our shop, then! Is there something you needed today?"

"Actually, yes. I was wondering if there are any seamstresses around here?"

The two witches exchange confused glances. The tall witch turns back to her and shrugs. "There aren't any here, I'm afraid. Haven't been for awhile. But if you'd like anything else, we'll be happy to do business with you!"